Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists in either our Auburn, NH, Burlington, MA or Boston, MA offices for an entry level Staff Scientist/Geologist/Engineer to work on a variety of site investigation and remediation projects, due diligence assessments, and EHS compliance projects in New England.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparing reports summarizing periodic environmental monitoring in accordance with permit requirements.
- Coordinating, conducting, and reporting on field work including soil and groundwater sampling, well installation, stormwater and waste sampling.
- Completing Phase I/II/III Environmental Site Assessments and summary reports, environmental compliance documents, remedial action plans, and various regulatory program permits.
- Providing on-site EHS support at client facilities.
- Compiling and interpreting analytical data.
- Coordinating and communicating effectively with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, and regulators.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations in northeastern states is a plus; willingness to become familiar with relevant regulations is essential.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER and behavior-based health and safety certifications is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Willingness and ability to learn new systems and skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Self starter who has the ability to identify daily needs and assist as necessary to complete client assignments.
- Valid driver's license, a good driving record, and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical is required.
Education and Experience
B.S. (M.S. a plus) degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Engineering or related discipline
0-5 years of quality experience with site assessments, site investigation and remediation, regulatory compliance support; some experience preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.