Senior Medical Director, Gastroenterology
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with over 5,700 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, women's health (obstetrics/gynecology) and orthopaedics. Ferring's US operations employ approximately 800 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
Summary: This role provides Gastroenterology medical/scientific expertise in Medical Affairs and leads the overall medical strategy, including execution of tactics in alignment with respective Medical Plan for the development and/or acquisition of additional products, expansion of current indications, and pre-launch, launch and post-launch of products, The Medical Director will provide medical/scientific oversight of the entire Gastroenterology therapeutic area.
- Develop and execute the Gastroenterology Medical Plan/Strategy for therapeutic area within the Medical Affairs department
- Partner with Commercial Operations and Clinical Development for strategic alignment and life-cycle management
- Provide scientific/medical consultation to the commercial team to ensure accuracy and compliance with FPI and FDA standards
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise in evaluation and interpretation of medical and scientific literature and extrapolate data for medical and commercial initiatives in the Gastroenterology field.
- Establish relationships and share insights from engagement with Thought Leaders, healthcare providers, medical/professional societies, payers and patient advocacy groups
- Manage, generate and disseminate clinical and non-clinical data that supports the medical strategy and results in high quality publications
- Develop post-marketing clinical development plans including the design and management of clinical studies (Phase IV) and provide medical expertise in management of IITs
- Continuously review the competitive position of projects and products including competitor actions to share insights and provide guidance from Medical Affairs
- Contribute medical/scientific expertise in medical or marketing educational initiatives, responding to off-label product-based questions and to the objective representation of data, product positioning, on-label promotion and the legal/medical/regulatory review process
- MD with a minimum of 7 -10 years industry experience (Senior Medical Director) in position-relevant roles of increasing responsibility.
- Licensed physician with advanced training in the Gastroenterology (Board certified or board eligible) strongly preferred
- Experience working with Gastroenterology products preferred
- Experience launching products preferred
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology and regulatory requirements
- Strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Active affiliations/reputation in medical/ scientific societies and academic teaching facilities
- Ability to engage KOLs and form Advisory Committees from personal contacts
- Ability to work well with others and establish consensus and compliance
- Travel 30-40%
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org