Principal Scientist, Analytical Development
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with over 5,700 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, women's health (obstetrics/gynecology) and orthopaedics. Ferring's US operations employ approximately 800 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
Position will be responsible for independently planning, executing, and presenting product development work including analytical method development. The role focus on large molecule analytical development (peptides and biologics)
- Planning, solving, and presenting product development work independently with minimum guidance from Director.
- Leading pharmaceutical analytical work. Arrange, evaluate, present and defend results to Director.
- Acting on behalf of Director within defined scientific tasks/activities
- CMC Project Manager: Monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Outsource pharmaceutical development activities to CROs/CMOs including selection of and writing contracts
- Leading and coordinating activities at contract manufacturers and contract laboratories
- Participate in technology transfer
- Presenting and defending project results both internally and externally
- Work according to safety and quality regulations/guidelines (SOPs)
- Writing study protocols, reports and regulatory documents, and writing and reviewing SOP's
- Initiating and introducing new scientific knowledge into the area and keeping an updated scientific and regulatory knowledge in defined labs
- Minimum M.Sc. in natural science Ph.D. is an asset
- Minimum 7-8 years' experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Proven skills in analytical method development of small molecules as well as large polypeptide/biologics molecules
- Proven scientific skill and ability to do independent scientific work with no guidance
- Strong knowledge of biologics method development (potency cell-based bioassay, potency and binding ELISA, CE, etc) is a string advantage
- Strong ability to assess feasibility and development work from a conceptual idea to final approved product
- Ability to perform complex scientific work independently with no supervision
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to work in a cross function environment under aggressive timelines
- High level of awareness to innovative technologies and ability to adapt to in-house needs
- Ability to manage and forecast project and departmental budgets
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com