Global, Value and Access Consultant Job
|Location: Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 10/15/2018
|Job Code: BBBH28117
- The consultant provides strategic market access/HTA strategies and HEOR input to the Oncology Business Unit Leadership Team to ensure patient and payer-centric product development within this human health care pharmaceutical company.
- The Global Director, GV&A will drive the development and alignment of value proposition strategies with clinical, regulatory, medical affairs, and commercial/field team. The consultant will report to the Snr Global Director - Oncology.
- The consultant will be responsible for Value and Access Strategies for key Client oncology products,) as well as new products and indications. In collaboration with Global Market Access Directors; will support reimbursement activities for key oncology products in all markets.
- Developing and executing comprehensive global HE and HTA strategies and implementation plans in collaboration with the Global Market Access and the Regional Market Access partners.
- Demonstrate strong technical abilities in SLR, ITC, NMA, economic modelling (BIM and CEA), real world evidence, patient-reported outcomes, and GVD execution, and vendor management.
- This role requires a dynamic, experienced individual, with very strong presentation and technical skills, with 7-10 years' experience in the field of health outcomes and health economics within a pharmaceutical company or consulting, who enjoys working as a team and is looking to work in a rewarding fast-growing therapy area.
- Timely development and execution of strategy and value and access deliverables including involvement in clinical study design, PRO selection, and SAP development.
- Execution and creation of SLRs, ITCs/NMAs, HE models, model adaptations and HE analyses to support models, GVDs, and training.
Strategic Input into Oncology Leadership Team / Product Development Plans
- Drive alignment across complex matrix of clinical, medical affairs, commercial and value & access functions as well as local country affiliates to deliver an integrated global payer perspective.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on HEOR, pricing and reimbursement at the leadership team and provide key input to the clinical development plan and global regulatory plans.
- Collaborate internally with clinical development, biostatistics, and medical affairs to ensure that strategically appropriate payer- and patient- relevant endpoints are include in phase 2-4 trials. Critically assess every protocol and provide recommendations on study designs, comparator selection and outcomes measures.
- Create and implement Patient Reported Outcomes strategy: recommendation for PRO selection in clinical trials, PRO SAP, FDA/EMA PRO submissions, utility analyses and publications.
- Provide HEOR and P&R input to development and launch teams.
- In collaboration with Clinical, Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs, develop clinical strategy early in product development that supports broad market access.
- Work with commercial areas and clinical affairs to gather feedback from key opinion leaders and understand global reimbursement pathways; Lead cross functional initiatives and collaborate with Medical Affairs, Clinical, R&D, local Market Access and Affiliates to ensure solid understanding of global payer markets and emerging stakeholders in the reimbursement area and translate reimbursement requirements into product specifications and assess potential reward and risk.
- Provide estimates of pricing & reimbursement expectations and necessary future HEOR investments for business development reviews and existing products.
- Monitor healthcare legislative changes and proactively modify product reimbursement and market access plans to manage; communicate impact and recommendations to the leadership team.
Value Evidence Generation
- Drive high quality evidence generation methodologies and execution of timely deliverables for the Oncology BU, in collaboration with Medical Affairs and Product Creation Unit.
- Develop comprehensive outcomes research plans to identify and address evidentiary gaps for pricing and reimbursement submissions, patient-reported outcomes submissions, and health policy submissions.
- Provide advice and guidance for best practice in evidence generation strategies and methodologies, including enabling external scientific advice, ensuring appropriate protocol review committees advice sought and incorporated.
- Conduct systematic literature reviews, comparative effectiveness assessments, and indirect treatment comparisons to identify areas of value differentiation, opportunities for strategic evidence generation.
- Develop economic models and reports both for cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses, as well as strong understanding of economic modelling methods, extrapolations and sensitivity analyses
- Conduct ITC and NMA and comparative effectiveness analyses
- Conduct Real Work Evidence research including retrospective and prospective studies.
- Develop and execute an effective and resource-efficient publication plan in collaboration with the clinical, medical affairs, and publication teams
Global Value Dossier
- Develop accurate, succinct, and life-cycle appropriate global value dossiers to prepare country market access leads for pricing & reimbursement submissions.
- Validate payer messaging and utility of deliverables through affiliate feedback and external research.
- Develop and effectively collaborate on clinically appropriate cost-effectiveness and budget impact models with Market Access team and regional stakeholders.
- Confirm structural accuracy and support the provision of model inputs.
- Develop appropriate value story training materials to expedite communication of key strategic data and messages to support optimal market access.
Global Market Access
- In collaboration with Director, Global Market Access - Oncology, support market access country affiliates in securing successful reimbursement of oncology products by innovative market access tactics.
- Review business development opportunities from a market access perspective ensuring the reimbursability and pricing potentials of the assessed opportunity.
- Inform ideas and options through effective engagement with external experts, HTA agencies, methodology and policy forums, and by leveraging knowledge of the external policy and decision maker environment, enabling more efficient evidence development and /or optimizing demonstration of differentiation for both discovery assets and later medicines in development.
- KOL engagement and management
- Degree in medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, economics or statistics
- A postgraduate degree such as Masters, MPH, or PhD in the area of Health Outcomes/Health Economics
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in health outcomes.
- Competence in carrying out a variety of HEOR studies using a range of standard techniques including PRO validation, SLRs, ITC, NMA, Survival analysis
- Hands on experience of economic modeling projects, and HTA relevant statistical methodologies
- Solid background in the design and conduct of Health Technology Assessments (HTA) in and proven record of achieving local market access and favorable pricing in HTA driven markets such as UK, Sweden, Canada, or Australia
- Strong Excel modelling skills
- Effective analytical/problem solving skills, including generation of original and innovative ideas and solutions
- Experience of the preparation and delivery of HE communications: abstracts, posters and presentations for scientific conferences; manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Action-oriented, customer-focused, with effective prioritization, goal-setting and time management skills
- Experience in the design of claims analysis and observational studies is desirable
- Effective interpersonal skills; projection of professional image and credibility; teamwork oriented and inclusive
- Ability to work cross-functionally within teams
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Sanka at 646-856-8903 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.