The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra®, Instant Ocean®, Marineland®, 8-in-1®, Dingo®, FURminator®, Nature's Miracle®, GloFish®, DreamBone® and SmartBones®.
Manage activities related to sales and relationship growth with Walmart. This position will be directly tied to our Pet business categories.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure retail net sales & profit growth by growing and developing Walmart business and serve as the lead and execute strategic customer business plan to meet or exceed net sales growth objectives
- Develop and deliver distribution, promotion, merchandising, and pricing strategies
- Identify Customer Strategies for alignment with internal business plans
- Conduct periodic performance analysis to adjust strategies and execution as necessary
- Leverage sales trend and market data to drive incremental sales throughout the year
- Gain new product acceptance in line with internal corporate priorities
- Create merchandising proposals which meet strategies of account and result in the most optimum use of resources and allocated trade spending
- Grow distribution faster than fair share through the lead of value added customer/consumer insights taking into consideration Walmart's strategic priorities
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Penetrate and develop relationships across all functions of the customer
- Develop and maintain customer rapport by understanding customer expectations and corporate capabilities to meet those needs
- Ownership of customer P&L for assigned departments
- Work closely with marketing finance and operations to fully execute plans and address opportunities with the customer
- Lead sales forecasting efforts for assigned Walmart departments
- Manage day to day execution details with Walmart business partners to ensure timely and accurate information flow and shipments
- Lead support team to develop strategy and plans to achieve or exceed base reliability metric goals of in-stock, fill rate, and MABD compliance amongst other metrics.
- Attend customer meetings and trade conferences as appropriate.
- May coordinate activities of National Accounts with Field Sales Managers in other regions and with internal senior management.
- Maintain current knowledge of market conditions and trends, through own field research and sharing of information within our sales force.
Education and Experience Profile
- Specific knowledge and relationships of how to sell to/penetrate Walmart, typically gained through 5-7 years direct sales/field experience or category/sales analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Direct account management experience with Walmart or Sam's is preferred but not required
- Strong networking skills needed.
- Proven analytical skills, computer proficiency, and experience working with ACNielsen data, Retail Link, GRS or other customer based POS information. (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Strong communication skills, analytical abilities and results orientation with a strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must possess drive and resilience.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.