At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
WHO WE ARE
Mattel Finance hires leaders. Every one of our finance professionals works in a global finance organization interacting with senior leadership and with the accountability and responsibility to grow a career. We are a strong and nimble finance department focused on driving business results in the most cost-effective manner. We pride ourselves on consistent processes, fast decisions and increased accountability.
The Senior manager, Tax Provision is responsible for the Company's accounting for income taxes and assist in tax planning. The successful candidate will work with business groups within the Company, third party service providers, and other Tax Department professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
- Accountable for quarterly and annual worldwide accounting for income taxes (ASC 740).
- Responsible for coordinating with and training local country controllers on preparation of local country provision income tax provisions or coordinating with third party vendors on preparation of local country provisions.
- Analysis of financial forecasts to compute quarterly effective tax rate
- Forecast of tax balances to be provided to Financial Planning
- Lead oversight of worldwide FIN 48 analysis.
- Prepare tax related disclosures for 10K and 10Q filings with the SEC
- Assist in due diligence of potential M&A targets and related tax accounting matters
- Review existing procedures to develop efficiencies in quarterly and annual tax provision process.
- Maintain database of federal, state and foreign tax legislative changes and applicability to Mattel's quarterly and annual tax provision.
- Perform modeling of tax reform/business changes and related impact on the effective tax rate.
- Liaison with management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that both appropriate internal controls are in place with respect to accounting for income taxes and compliance with such controls.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master's Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- JD and/or CPA preferred.
- 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
- Extensive background in ASC 740/FIN 48 required.
- Strong analytical skills necessary.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Oracle and/or HFM experience a plus
- Must have strong work ethic and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to manage competing priorities and accelerated deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with varying stakeholders and business units.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude to adapt to organizational changes.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow with experiences that capture kids' hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5 billion, a global workforce of more than 30,000 professionals operating in 40 countries, and products sold in more than 150 nations, Mattel has grown into a multinational Fortune 500 powerhouse in design, marketing and manufacturing.
Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity