At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
WHO WE ARE
Mattel Finance hires leaders. Every one of our finance professionals works in a global finance organization interacting with senior leadership and with the accountability and responsibility to grow a career. We are a strong and nimble finance department focused on driving business results in the most cost-effective manner. We pride ourselves on consistent processes, fast decisions and increased accountability.
The Manager, Tax will assist in the preparation of components of the federal and state tax provisions and analyze federal and state FIN 48 positions; assist in the preparation and review of Mattel's federal and state tax returns and quarterly estimated tax payments; preparation of federal and state models related to tax reform/business changes; identify and champion opportunities for improved efficiency in tax department processes. The successful candidate will work with internal business personnel, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities
- Tax Provision
- Assist in preparation and review of components of the annual and quarterly federal and state income tax provisions.
- Assist in identifying and analyzing federal and state FIN 48 positions.
- Assist in preparation of tax related disclosures for 10K and 10Q filings with the SEC.
- Tax Compliance
- Assist in preparation and review of components of Mattel's federal and state tax returns.
- Assist in preparation and review of federal and state quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Manage and oversee third party service providers who assist in the tax preparation process.
- Identify and streamline procedures and worksheets for preparation of federal and state tax returns.
- Researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Stay abreast of federal and state legislative changes that may impact tax filings and tax provision computation.
- Perform modelling of tax reform/business changes and related impact on federal and state taxes.
- Mentor and develop tax analysts.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master's Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- JD and/or CPA preferred.
- Six + years of related experience with either a public accounting firm or in-house tax department.
- Extensive background in federal and state tax preparation required.
- Strong analytical skills necessary.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Oracle and/or HFM experience a plus
- Must have strong work ethic and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to manage competing priorities and accelerated deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with varying stakeholders and business units.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude to adapt to organizational changes.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow with experiences that capture kids' hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5 billion, a global workforce of more than 30,000 professionals operating in 40 countries, and products sold in more than 150 nations, Mattel has grown into a multinational Fortune 500 powerhouse in design, marketing and manufacturing.
Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity