Spectrum Home & Personal Care (HPC) Appliances business participates on a Global basis in small electric appliances, shave/groom appliances and beauty appliances. Our well- known brands include George Foreman®, Black+Decker®, Farberware®, Breadman®, Juiceman®, Russell Hobbs® and Remington®. Our products appeal to consumer trends for healthy eating, stay-at-home cooking, creating today's new hair style and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
This position supports the Category Insights & Analytics Lead as a category data and insights expert, providing fact-based market and consumer insights to Sales and Marketing to drive sales and increase market share for the Small Home Appliances division (BLACK+DECKER® and George Foreman® brands). The position analyzes data and trends to inform end-to-end Marketing & Retail strategy from product development, identification of opportunities and white space recommendations, development of fact- based selling stores for customer presentations, to monitoring in-market performance. This includes data analysis and reporting, educating cross-functional teams on category and macro consumer trends, and an ongoing understanding of key retailer product assortment, pricing, and promotions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Marketing & Retail strategies and vision of Category Insights & Analytics lead
- Analyze POS (point of sale) data to answer ad hoc questions from Marketing and Sales
- Develop Excel-based reporting tools to help deliver efficient reporting and insights for Marketing and Sales
- Advise Category Analyst in monthly account-level data reporting with analysis of product and brand performance drivers
- Utilize consumer panel data to identify consumer demographic and purchasing trends
- Support Marketing Research Manager in developing surveys and reporting out consumer insights to inform Marketing and New Product Development strategies
- Conduct online and in-store research to maintain an awareness of new products and competitive brand strategy
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute inside the box and outside the box ideas to inform product, retailer and promotional strategies
- Oversee Category Analyst's maintenance of Nielsen and NPD Group database product lists and item coding
Insights & Presenting (40%)
- Act as Category Insights Subject Matter Expert contact for Sales, Marketing, and New Product Development teams
- Track relevant macro and consumer trends, identifying key emerging trends, driving foresight to future business opportunities and threats
- Develop compelling selling stories to support strategic category and brand initiatives using fact-based analysis across multiple data sources
- Maintain a toolkit of category and consumer insights for Sales to leverage in customer presentations
- Lead seasonal and quarterly category reviews to inform strategic planning and product development roadmaps
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead development of key account deep dives to increase distribution and maximize sales through analyses of:
- New distribution and white space opportunities
- Risk to existing item distribution
- Promotional opportunities and strategy
- Merchandising opportunities
Education and Experience Profile
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Statistics or 4 years of equivalent education required
- 4+ years of experience in supporting a consumer packaged goods sales organization
- Prior marketing or sales support related job experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint, high proficiency in Word & Outlook
- Strong analytical skills - demonstrate data-mining skills and judgment with data quality in order to provide factual insights efficiently
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and driven to excel in both independent and team environments
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams at all levels across the organization
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner
- Attention to detail and technical learning capacity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Developing knowledge of available syndicated data sources
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.