The Collections Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to the collections department by preparing, researching and maintaining collection records.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists with collections efforts by generating systems form letters including default and demand letters according to tenant terms and agreements
2. Researches tenant billings and related invoices or records in response to requests from tenants and/or Collections Specialists by locating, copying and forwarding related materials to requestor by fax or mail
3. Maintains collections files including file set-up and maintenance
4. Maintains JD Edwards system database by monitoring and updating collection status
5. Assists department in performing various clerical duties as it pertains to collection activities or special projects/research including filing, faxing, and copying files and records
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
High school degree with two plus years of general clerical or administrative office experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. High attention to detail; organized
2. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
3. Ability to operate standard office equipment and follow office procedures
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
5. Effective interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels
6. Computer skills; accounting system, database and spreadsheet software capabilities
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Associate's degree in bookkeeping or accounting. Three years experience in a real estate administrative capacity.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to sit for long periods of time and perform data entry and/or research on a computer display, communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
Work performed in a general office environment. May require availability for overtime during peak periods.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of DDR. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.