At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
WHO WE ARE
Mattel Finance hires leaders. Every one of our finance professionals works in a global finance organization interacting with senior leadership and with the accountability and responsibility to grow a career. We are a strong and nimble finance department focused on driving business results in the most cost-effective manner. We pride ourselves on consistent processes, fast decisions and increased accountability.
Mattel is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to assist with U.S. federal and international tax compliance and provision projects. This is an opportunity to grow in a strong and well respected tax function that values mentoring and teaching staff in a variety of tax areas. We also offer work/life balance, flexibility and half day Fridays all year.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of U.S. federal and international tax returns and related disclosures
- Preparation of tax provision workpapers for year-end and quarterly U.S. GAAP reporting
- Calculation of book-tax differences, quarterly ES payments, and tax attributes
- Assist with federal and state tax audits, including responding to information document request
- Assist with various tax projects, including tax research, documentation, and tax technology initiatives.
- Collaborate with other disciplines within the tax department and engage with business partners across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred; CPA or MST/MBT a plus
- Minimum 3 years-experience in an accounting firm or multinational corporate tax department
- Big 4 public accounting experience a STRONG plus
- Experience with tax compliance software for U.S. consolidated tax returns
- Experience with tax provisions and international tax compliance preferred
- Basic knowledge of core international concepts including E&P, foreign tax credits, and subpart F.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to prepare accounting entries; Oracle and/or Hyperion experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong team oriented personality
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the details
- Willingness to take on new challenges and roles which may be unfamiliar
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow with experiences that capture kids' hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5 billion, a global workforce of more than 30,000 professionals operating in 40 countries, and products sold in more than 150 nations, Mattel has grown into a multinational Fortune 500 powerhouse in design, marketing and manufacturing.
Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity