Director of Catering Sales & Event Services - The Luxury Collection (18002FRP) Job
|Employer Name: The U.S. GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
|Location: San Diego, California
||Date Posted: 8/30/2018
|Job Code: 18002FRP
Here’s To Your Journey with The Luxury Collection
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
The The U.S. GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego located at 326 Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101 is currently hiring a Director of Catering Sales & Event Services.
Leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of direct reports.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (DOS, Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/18002FRP?%3Flang=en-us
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers
to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat.
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Web Site: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/18002FRP?%3Flang=en-us
|Contact Name: Marriott International
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: The U.S. GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
|Street: 326 Broadway
|City: San Diego