At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Global Mining team has a need for a Junior to Intermediate Mechanical Engineer or Engineer-In-Training. As the ideal candidate, you have experience with design, operation and/or maintenance of hoist and shaft systems. In addition, you have had on-site involvement with mine shaft construction or rehabilitation.
Your Key Responsibilities
Health & Safety:
Implementing the requirements of the Stantec Safety Program. As a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment toward preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its Clients.
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructability problems prior to issue to clients.
Engineering & Design Tasks:
- Preparation of quality technical documents and drawings to Stantec Mining and client standards.
- Execution of technically challenging sustaining capital or maintenance engineering projects under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Interface with clients on-site.
- Working with a multi-discipline engineering and design team on a day-to-day basis.
- Coordination of and participation in the preparation of project designs and details.
- Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting.
- You must be able to interact with teams which are at times in remote offices.
- On-site engineering and construction experience.
- Ability to travel and work between offices in Canada and willingness to settle in Saskatoon if you are not already a resident of that city.
Education and Experience
A degree in Mechanical Engineering and a license, or plan to become licensed to practice in the Provinces of Saskatchewan and Ontario.
4-6 years of experience, with specific focus on mine shaft and hoisting systems.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.