|Employer Name: Maco Bag
|Location: Newark, New York
||Date Posted: 8/6/2018
||Category: Maintenance/Janitorial Services
|Number Of Openings: 1
The primary role of the Mechanic/Electrician is to work as a leader on the maintenance team to support company objectives with respect to maintaining and enhancing equipment to support production requirements. Responsibilities include setup, repair, install, maintain machinery equipment including; electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, special projects, measuring and calibrating equipment, performing preventative maintenance duties. The role requires a person with leadership abilities and strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, which can work with internal and external customers, and can work as part of the maintenance team and has demonstrated the ability to work independently. Along with being actively involved in the support of Safety, Quality and Good Manufacturing Practices and Preventive Maintenance programs.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
● Performs all production equipment setups as required to meet operational needs. Supports and completes Preventive and Planned maintenance of mechanical, electrical and utilities equipment including but not limited to; cleaning, inspecting, setup, diagnosing, replacement, testing and continuous improvements. Leads the efforts associated with building new and enhance equipment through continuous improvements upgrades. Inspect visually and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunction.
● Identifies and reports the need for repairs to Maintenance Management. Crosses over with previous shifts’ maintenance and production employees to review the schedule and current runs, identifying repair needs and plan product changeovers. Effectively communicates with other departments in a professional manner at all times on equipment repair status. Works within the maintenance team to accurately communicate and document events so that others have the most effective information to solve problems.
● Leads in the diagnoses of mechanical and electrical malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Leads assembly and rebuilding efforts of high valued equipment. Knowledge of fabricating, assembling and installing mechanical/electrical systems using tools associated with the task. Able to teach others the ability to either use shop equipment or programs needed to perform daily functions.
● Enhances the knowledge and skills of others in mechanical and electrical systems with mentoring and training techniques for team members. Leads efforts associated with Engineering and Maintenance Managers on projects and continuous improvement as needed.
● Completes all tasks while strictly adhering to all required industry guidelines to include and not limit to; Plant Safety, Food Safety, SQF, ISO and all internal/external audits
Knowledge & Skills:
● Basic computer literacy as evidenced by the ability to go online and conduct basic searches on the Internet, check email, create and send with attachments and use basic email features.
● Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions.
● Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
● Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
● Experience working with manufacturing equipment including 3 phase motors, control wiring, 24VDC, 90VDC, 120VAC, 208/220VAC, 480VAC
● Experience with Controls for Conveyor Systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps and Valves.
● Knowledge of and ability to comprehend and troubleshoot production machinery (i.e. Fillers, Rinsers, Cappers, Case Packers, Case Formers, Coolers and Pasteurizers).
● Familiarity with Lock-Out Tag-Out Authorized, Hot Work, Confined Space and HECP Training preferred.
● Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
● Ability to use a variety of measuring tools and test equipment.
● Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
● Requires mechanical aptitude.
● Knowledge of Drill Press, Chop Saw, Port-a-Band, Sawzall and other maintenance tools preferred.
● Knowledge or experience with Multi-Meters, Amp Probes, Meger Ohm Meter, Panelview.
● High School/GED, Plus vocational school or technical training in electronics.
● Minimium of five years experience in manufacturing environment required.
● Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
● Knowledge of food processing/packaging and/or flexible packaging a plus.
● Experience with ISO Standards preferred.
● Ability to climb in overhead structures, work beneath machines and in close quarters.
● High degree of attention and care when responsible for flow of electrical power.
● Exposure to high voltage electricity.
● Regularly lift, bend, reach, twist and turn.
● Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
● Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
● The job may involve prolong periods of standing.
● This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
● The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
● May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.
Start Date: 08/13/2018
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 5
Education Required: High School
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: 2 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time, Casual Dress
Web Site: http://www.macobag.com
|Contact Name: Angie Kettell
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Maco Bag Corporation
|Street: 412 Van Buren Street
|State: New York