The Spectrum Brands Global Batteries & Lights (GBL) business provides premium products at a value price. Our well-known Rayovac® brand offers a wide variety of products including: virtually-indestructible lights, the world's longest lasting hearing aid batteries, innovative portable power solutions, and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
This position functions as the category expert, supporting both Sales and Marketing (Product & Trade) to drive sales and increase market share. This person is responsible for data analysis to find opportunities and white space that drives recommendations, as well as developing fact based selling stories for customer presentations. This includes being totally aware of competitive programs, packaging, pricing, etc. Additionally, this position will have a strong emphasis on working with our largest Mass customers and Sales teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify channel/account specific opportunities/strategies to increase distribution and maximize sales
- New distribution and white space opportunities
- Risk to existing item distribution
- Promotional opportunities and strategy
- Merchandising opportunities
- Manage account level data reporting and analysis with the responsibility for knowing product and category trends within specific account base
- Analyze POS (point of sale) data of Spectrum Brands and competitive products to develop recommendations and specific selling stories
- Will gain exposure and experience with consumer-focused primary research
- Manage big idea merchandising process such as perfect placement
- Responsible for maintaining comprehensive competitive price/product ladders of account base
- Responsible for identifying new competitive items and pricing of account base
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing , Economics, Statistics, Computer Programming or related field
- 4-6 years of category management experience in a peer CPG or related environment.
- Prior business intelligence, marketing, or sales support related job experience preferred
- Communication Skills - Excellent verbal and written including deduction, informing and listening skills.
- Intermediate To Advanced Analytical Skills - Demonstrate critical observation skills and solid judgment with data and be able to provide actionable insights
- Self-starter - Motivated and driven with a passion for taking the business to the next level
- Strategic Thinker/Planner - must be able to convert insight into action to capitalize on short term opportunities while also develop a long term plan
- Creativity - Ability and passion to create exciting programs that drive incremental sales, reaching beyond current products and space
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills - Demonstrate leadership skills and works well with others
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner
- Attention to detail and technical learning capacity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint, high proficiency in Word & Outlook
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all available syndicated data sources
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of available planogram/merchandising software
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.