At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
WHO WE ARE
Fisher-Price®, the most trusted name in quality toys, has been helping to make childhood special for generations. As one of the world's leading manufacturers of babygear, infant and preschool toys, Fisher-Price believes deeply in the Power of Play as the way children learn best. In fact, it's our guiding principle. Everything we do is designed to inspire a child's development, and our employees are passionate about our work. We thrive in a friendly, fast-paced environment, where creativity and teamwork are at the core of our unique culture and we're focusing on innovation in all we do to bring out the full potential of children around the world. So come play with us!
Senior Financial Analyst - Lease Administrator
- As part of the Lease Accounting team, this is a new position that will lead reconciliation from legacy system to PowerPlan Lease Accounting system
- Perform complex financial analysis to support decision making of multiple units or subsidiaries
- Calculate journal entries from global offices; prepare financial plan and forecast
- Analyze financial data; variances and deviations in data reported by business units
- Perform ad hoc analyses and reports
- Distinguish and monitor contracts; partner with AP, Procurement, Legal and Controller's office
- Provides sound advice to support management decision making
- Drives continuous improvement and develops strategies to help units maximize financial performance
- Communicates and presents financial highlights to business units and senior management
- Analytical abilities and are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information.
- Leadership & Alignment capabilities and lead by establishing a compelling vision and rallying others to make that vision a reality. You drive strong collaboration across division, functions and locations.
- Strategic mindset to anticipate and address the impact of future market dynamics, consumer/customer trends and competitor activities. You apply broad knowledge and external perspective, as well as insights into business and organizational levers.
- Impact & Influence to win strong buy-in and support for ideas, initiatives, projects or changes.
- A Bachelor's degree with 5 to 7 years of related experience; MBA a plus
- Advanced understanding of financial and accounting principles and techniques
- Highly advanced analytical skills and judgment to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Highly advanced experience using financial reporting systems such as Oracle, Hyperion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- May require minimal travel
Fisher-Price, Inc. is a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) with offices located in East Aurora, N.Y. and New York, N.Y. Fisher-Price is one of the most trusted brands in babygear, infant and preschool toys, and conducts business in 150 countries around the world, producing toys in more than 40 languages. Child development expertise coupled with innovation is reflected in the company's best-known brands including Laugh & Learn®, Little People®, Power Wheels®, and Imaginext®. We're also a leading developer of character-based toys for children's programming such as Thomas & Friends™, Dora and Friends: Into the City!, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates. For more information, visit www.fisher-price.com (U.S.) and www.fisher-price.ca (Canada) or connect with Fisher-Price on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer