Vice President, Central Planning & Analytics Job
|Employer Name: Franklin Electric
|Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
||Date Posted: 7/31/2018
|Job Code: 432
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Vice President of Central Planning & Analytics will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in managing and improving the supply / demand planning, availability, and inventory control at the global plant and distribution locations for Franklin Electric.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountable for managing and improving demand and supply planning processes globally.
• Manages cadence associated with SIOP process.
• Develops performance dashboards and leads data analytics for Operations.
• Establishes and monitors metrics related to availability, inventory, lead time, and forecast accuracy.
• Works with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service on various issues including demand analysis.
• Perform statistical analysis on forecast and historical actuals to determine demand variation requirements across the extended forecast horizon.
• Works with Operations and Supply Chain on various issues including supply analysis.
• Analyzes production plans and capacity sufficiency to support demand requirements across the extended forecast horizon.
• Pursues opportunities to match supply & demand vs requirements to separate supply plan from demand requirements.
• Determines appropriate material planning methodologies to apply across the Franklin products.
• Responsible for financial period supply / demand contract alignment.
• Reviews and plans for inventory stocking levels to mitigate capacity constraints, demand variation, and / or forecast inaccuracy.
• Review and report on sales-to-forecast attainment.
• Interface with Global Information Systems to develop appropriate business intelligence systems.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
• Supervises supervisory and non-supervisory employee(s).
o Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
o Work with Human Resources on employee issues
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Excel, and / or Minitab.
• Ability to analyze complex information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Expertise in identify the underlying principles, reasons, facts or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with business information.
• Utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
• Deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
• Plan the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
• Frequently make decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a high degree.
• Complete some moderately repetitive tasks.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, management or related field (required)
• Seven to ten years of experience in related field (required)
• Graduate degree in business or related field (preferred)
• Intermediate: Word processing, presentation, data analysis, ERP system management (JDE9.2 preferred)
• Basic: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet
Certificates and Licenses
• APICS certification (preferred)
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
o Regularly required to sit, use hands to feel, talk;
o Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; and
o Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
• This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Apply at link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1067441&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000375719906&rb=THE_JOB_SPIDER
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 7
Education Required: Bachelors
|Contact Name: Mohsin Shaikh