|Employer Name: Store 110
|Location: St Joseph, Missouri
||Date Posted: 7/26/2018
|Wage: 14.50 - 17.25 Hourly Wage
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 103558771
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We're looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.
Reporting to the District Manager, the General Manager is responsible for the overall success of the store and the store's contribution to the bottom line in support of the mission, as well as the oversight of the day to day store operation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generating revenue
- Maintaining the appropriate ratios of expense, revenue and salaries
- Meeting budget numbers
- Maintaining appropriate security of cash and keys
- Managing personnel in the daily completion of job duties
- Development of management staff to ensure succession
- Ensuring compliance to policies and procedures
- Ensuring appropriate staffing levels in all areas of store operation
- Managing the process to ensure maximum efficiency
- Meeting production numbers as set by divisional management
- Ensuring loss prevention and process flow guidelines are followed
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on safety expectations and procedures
- Oversee the physical safety of the back room and sales floor
- Ensure communication of safety issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
- All other duties assigned by the District Manager
The General Manager will be a proven leader with the following:
- 3 years of management experience
- Effective management of processes and systems
- Ability to recognize potential problems within systems and recommend appropriate solutions
- Ability to make sound hiring decisions, recognize potential and develop staff appropriately
- Professional, effective conflict resolution skills
- Strong, prioritization, delegation and multi-tasking ability
- Appropriate termination of non-performers, with required documentation
- Ability to hold staff accountable to expectations and standards
- Knowledge of product movement and warehousing
- Knowledge of retail shopping environment
- Comfort with handling cash and operation of a cash register
- Understanding of the importance of the donor process and how it supports the mission
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree preferred.
- Solid comfort level with utilizing all aspects of computers to complete the job, not limited to
- POS at cash register
- Windows environment and internet use
- On-line training and web-based meetings
- Familiarity with safety requirements in a warehouse/retail environment
- Maintenance of valid drivers' license, insurance and acceptable MVR
Years of Experience Required: 1
Web Site: http://www.Click2apply.net/3bpwjs4bzcfyzh92
|Contact Name: Apply Online