Destination Sales Executive for Irvine Marriott - Irvine Marriott (18001ZR7) Job
|Employer Name: Irvine Marriott
|Location: Irvine, California
||Date Posted: 7/25/2018
|Job Code: 18001ZR7
Here’s To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels Resorts Suites
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The Irvine Marriott located at 18000 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92612 is currently hiring a Destination Sales Executive for Irvine Marriott.
Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking parameters. Provides property support by coordinating and executing site inspections/visits for off-property sales managers. Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Pulls through business booked through the Sales Office, as well as achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities booking through the Sales Office
• Partners with Area Sales to identify new group/catering business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking parameters.
• Up-sells products and services, with the ability to bring the sale to closure
• Engages in proactive selling of all of facilities (e.g., Spa, Golf, Restaurants) to all of leisure guests as well as group planners
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Provides recommendations to Sales Office and Area Sales associates regarding the potential to reallocate function space as needed.
• Handles event planning aspects prior to the business turning over for business booked in advance (e.g.,> 3 years out).
• Coordinates and plans all Familiarization Tours (FAM) t and in-market customer events.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management
• Represents sales department at staff meetings and stand up meetings and reports out on sales activity.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Coordinates and executes all site inspections/visits at the property for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site visits for Remote Senior Sales Executives and out-of-market Senior Account Executives)
• Coordinates site visits and partners when appropriate for in-market sales managers (e.g., Account Executives and Senior Account Executives)
• Partners with account/selling manager to develop creative aspects of site visit
• Gathers all important customer data from account/selling manager in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.).
• Develops site standards and pricing guidelines in order to control Department 47 expenses and allow for accurate projecting
• Understands competitor’s strengths and weaknesses in order to differentiate Marriott from the competition during the site visit
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competition, economic trends, seasonability, supply and demand, etc.) and implements appropriate sell
• Provides expert knowledge on local destination (e.g., local attractions, events, etc.)
• Grows business of existing accounts by soliciting them for future open years while onsite
• Tracks bookings and leads generated from site visits.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and property ‘s Brand Standards.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.,. Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to verify that the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Gets involved in community-based organizations in order to position property for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Meets with walk-in clients and qualifies lead for account/sales manager.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/18001ZR7?%3Flang=en-us
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers
to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat.
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Web Site: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/18001ZR7?%3Flang=en-us
|Contact Name: Marriott International
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Irvine Marriott
|Street: 18000 Von Karman Avenue