The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting with the management of the common area maintenance activities for an assigned DDR Center or possibly several centers in an assigned geographical area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists the Regional Property Manager with overseeing, participating in and managing the day to day operations of properties including all phases of maintenance of the common areas to include buildings, grounds, and the direct supervision of outside contractors to ensure properties are properly maintained in accordance with company standards and maintenance agreements
2. Identifies property maintenance requirements of the common area, solicits and reviews bids from contractors and negotiates maintenance contracts
3. Responds to tenant complaints and issues, and serves as liaison to tenants and corporate office regarding the administration of common area maintenance and the enforcement of landlord rules and regulations
4. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
5. Assists the Regional Property Manager, as directed
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
2. Additional responsibilities of this position may include: some responsibilities for CAM compliance; available for assistance and/or training of new employees on systems and reporting; increased involvement with RFP's and bidding of projects; and assisting with the budget process
Education, Training and/or Experience
Associate's degree in business or related field with three plus years of construction or building maintenance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. Knowledge of construction and maintenance activities
2. Developed understanding of corporate standards for shopping centers with an ability to achieve those standards
3. Demonstrated leadership and management ability
4. Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills. Strong supervisory skills
5. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
6. Ability to interact with tenants, vendors and other employees. Ability to relay technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly and accurately
7. High degree of initiative and independent judgment
8. Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
9. Computer skills; spreadsheet and word processing software capabilities
10. Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
11. Ability to write reports, business correspondence
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
CPM, CSM or RPA.
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents operating standard business office equipment. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to work at construction sites, ability to climb and maneuver on building roofs, uneven terrain.
Work performed in a general office environment. May require extended hours during peak periods. Availability for travel up to 50%-70% of the time to property and construction sites for on-site project monitoring and meeting attendance. Exposure to adverse weather conditions, loud noise and dust conditions at construction sites.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of DDR. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.