Ready for a challenge that will keep you on the cutting edge of Missile Defense?Are you an experienced Missile Engineer looking for your next challenge in missile defense? Parsons is now hiring a Missile Engineer with expertise to support the Targets and Countermeasures (TC) Program Office of Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
Parsons' extensive experience in the cleared space, combined with your advanced technical knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our Missile Engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full-stack as we continue to push security forward.
In this role you will provide coordination, surveillance, and oversight of contractor activities for software design, production, testing, fielding, operational performance.
The Systems Engineer in this role will support system engineering activities for current and future instantiations of the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) System. The individual will provide advisory and assistance services on our TEAMS contract supporting the Aegis BMD Chief Engineer (ABEC) focusing on the hardware development of the Aegis BMD system with special focus on the SM-3 Block IIA.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Provide dedicated technical support to the AB Chief Engineer.
- Review and assess SM-3 prime contractor and its subcontractor(s) development and engineering of SM-3 systems.
- Review and assess integrated performance of SM-3 KW to changes in hardware and/or software.
- Track manufacturing, integration, testing issues as part of the MDA failure review process.
- Participate in technical interchange meetings, support design reviews, assess production schedules, and track contractor performance
- 10+ years of experience with missile hardware development programs in DoD environment.
- Knowledge of system design and manufacturing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required including generating, maintaining, and progression project schedules using MS Project.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government of federal requirement.
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of Aegis BMD development/engineering activities.
- Fundamental knowledge of BMD terminology/acronyms.
- Experience working in a dynamic DoD program office environment desired
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!