Ready to use your expertise on a wide variety of difficult defense security assignments, applying analytical techniques as part of a team that tackles national defense challenges? Parsons is now hiring fully qualified System Operations and Maintenance Professionals experienced in utilizing analysis methods and practices with a passion for providing systems support on a variety of highly complex tasks.
Ready for a challenge that will require your experience and keep you on the edge of cyber security? Come join our Parsons Government Solutions team, supporting the National Cyber Programs Directorate, and enjoy a career with some of the best professionals in the market. The Systems Operations and Maintenance Professional position will be in Arlington, VA.
Installs, configures, administers, and troubleshoots operating systems and applications, network routers, switches, firewalls, and infrastructure.
Installs, configures, administers, and troubleshoots virtual systems. Preferred candidates will have experience with vSphere Systems and training or certification in vSphere 6 technologies equivalent to the vSphere 6 Foundations exam (2V0-620).
Installs physical systems in accordance with Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) standards, assuring safety and availability. Has data center installation experience and can safely operate alone in a DHS data center or customer environment.
Skillfully communicates with others, demonstrating good listening and technical writing skills.
Realistically assesses assigned tasks as part of the process of requirements management.
Uses understanding of policy and strong abstract thinking skills to accomplish assigned tasks.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at multiple levels.
· For the first level role, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience.
· For the next level role, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience.
· Experience installing and troubleshooting *NIX (Linux/Unix/OS X) and Windows based systems. Applicant must be able to administer software applications that have multiple dependencies tailored to meet customer and government requirements.
· Experience in the four network related areas of routing, switching, firewalls, and infrastructure and ability to demonstrate skills in planning, installation configuration, and troubleshooting.
· Active Top-Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
· Current/Active DHS SCI and EOD.
· Master's Degree in Cyber security related field.
· Previous experience supporting the Department of Homeland Security.
· Previous experience working in a Cyber security Center or CERT organization.
· U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Program
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!