"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking a Communication Systems Engineer with an Active TS SCI to join their team at their customer site in the Arlington, VA area.
Duties of position:
* Provides the client with expertise in engineering solutions, configuration and life-cycle management, test and evaluation, data collection and metric development, performance analysis, service delivery, technical studies, and interoperability between aircraft and terrestrial platforms.
* Manages and provides technical oversight of engineering activities for terrestrial and airborne wideband transmission systems with emphasis on design, development, installation, modification, sustainment, and analysis of systems and components.
* Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interface, integration, and testing of specific, complex hardware and software components. This includes requirements elicitation, requirements reviews, architecture development, interface standards development, flow analysis, and technical/non-technical assessment of system performance. Lends technical acumen to functional IPTs.
* Researches and maintains visibility of emerging airborne and ground communications technologies and ascertains adaptability to, or replacement of, existing systems to increase mission effectiveness. This includes performing engineering studies, acquisition recommendations, and the coordination of installation, maintenance and sustainment activities in a manner that maximizes bandwidth efficiencies while mitigating disruptions to service.
* Lends expertise to reviewing and documenting requirements, acquisition recommendations, engineering change proposals, system diagrams and flow charts, facility drawings, configuration management plans, and other associated engineering documentation.
· Candidate must have an Active TS SCI to be considered
BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
5+ years in communications system engineering with expertise in the design and development of Radio Frequency (RF) and Internet Protocol (IP) communications, information systems and airborne communications systems.
* Level III certification in system planning, research, development and engineering from an accredited institution.
* Ability to analyze, model, design and simulate communications systems and algorithms for clear and secure communications networks, data links, digital radio communications, and command and control systems such as wide and local area networks, point-to-point systems, and signal coding and modulation schemas.
* Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Project. Experience plotting RF coverage in mapping applications like Google Earth highly desired.
Operational experience in an airborne communication environment that deals with both RF and IP.
Essential Job Functions:
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements
Must be willing to travel as needed
Must take and pass a drug test and background check