"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
We deliver an integrated approach to IT network engineering design and network management, as well as full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement support, and software/hardware vendor management. Our network engineers, controllers, and technicians are trained in multiple disciplines to successfully maintain legacy systems as well as insert the latest technologies for voice, data, and video networks in fast-paced, mission-critical environments. Our cybersecurity experts conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks, and our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients. Our software engineers are writing and tailoring code to solve hard problems across Federal Agencies, and our Data Scientists and Analysts are helping thwart illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs is seeking a Telecommunication Specialist to join their team at their customer site in Arlington, VA. This position requires candidates to have an Active TS SCI clearance and be eligible to obtain and hold special accesses.
- Responsible for implementing, monitoring and maintenance of local and wide area networks that typically link to numerous computer platforms, operating systems and network topologies.
- Candidate should have a full and detailed understanding of the mid-range computer hardware and software features.
- Responsible for implementation of telecommunications and video systems in government secure networks.
- The Telecommunications Specialist will perform duties during a 12 hour shift at austere communications sites and on a rotational basis perform daily standby duty to assume shift duties of personnel not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location.
Must have Active TS SCI clearance
Two (2) years of college in a computer field and five (5) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of seven (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement.
- Network and Systems Administrator experience with CompTIA IT Certification.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shift.
- PC maintenance experience.
- Video Teleconferencing Systems operation experience.
- Switching systems experience.
- Radio systems equipment operation and maintenance experience.
- Inside plant cabling experience.
Essential Job Functions
Work will be done in an office and field environment. The ability to lift and move 50 lbs required.
Office and field environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members across the customer's organization.
Equipment & Machines:
Computer equipment knowledge required to provide troubleshooting and analysis's of operations. General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. The Telecommunications Specialist will perform duties during a 12 hour shift at austere communications sites and on a rotational basis perform daily standby duty to assume shift duties of personnel not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location. Responsible for the Installation, maintenance and operation of all site telecommunications systems and equipment. Perform tests and services on all site communications equipment, computers and their associated local area networks, secure and non-secure switching networks, cable and Direct TV Satellite equipment, Video Teleconferencing and radio systems and equipment, and maintain inside plant cabling as required. Maintain and update daily maintenance reports and logs as required..
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
Little to no travel.