|Employer Name: Store 118
|Location: Blue Springs, Missouri
||Date Posted: 6/6/2018
|Wage: 9.99 - 10.5 Hourly Wage
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 102806173
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We're looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Associate is responsible for sorting, pricing and preparing merchandise for sale according to production and workflow standards. This position is also responsible for completing other duties as assigned including ensuring a positive customer experience and product workflow in both the front and back of the store.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Photographing items to post on-line, ensuring proper lighting, cleanliness and item markings and defects are shown.
- Assisting with research to verify authenticity, value, age, etc. of posted items.
- Writing detailed, accurate, creative item descriptions to maximize visibility.
- Assisting in the selection of products, as needed
- Posting items daily to eCommerce website
- Categorizing items to indicate those listed, vs. those ready for shipment, to ensure accuracy by other team members.
- Ensuring quick but accurate placement of high-quality merchandise on-line
- Meeting production numbers as set by divisional management
- Ensuring loss prevention guidelines are followed
- Assisting in the packaging/shipping process as needed to meet volume requirements and maintain customer satisfaction
- Ensuring accurate scanning of books is completed for on-line sale
- Assisting the Extended Employment Services employees with learning the scanning and sorting processes related to the e-books function
- Maintaining the safety, cleanliness and organization of the eCommerce area to help facilitate success of enclave employees.
- Communicating safety or loss prevention issues to ensure quick resolution
- All other duties assigned by the eCommerce Manager
- Complying to Agency policies and procedures
- Performing duties according to safety expectations and procedures
- Ensuring the physical safety of the back room and sales floor
- Preparing for production station before and cleaning the station after every shift
- Communicating safety issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
- All other duties assigned by the General Manager
The E-Commerce Assistant will be a proven leader with the following:
- Proficiency in Windows and Office environments
- Knowledge of digital camera use and ability to take high quality digital photos for online listings
- Strong knowledge of internet research skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, retail experience helpful
- A valid license, current insurance and good driving record
- Outstanding research and troubleshooting abilities, including on-line research
- Proven exceptional writing, grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to write creative descriptions to capture attention
- Knowledge of unusual, valuable or collectible merchandise
- Familiarity with a warehousing and/or shipping environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly
- Ability to deal with dust and/or mold
- Tolerant of long periods of time sitting in front of computer monitor
Years of Experience Required: 0
Web Site: http://www.Click2apply.net/zy7kdbr3y4mdx7dn
|Contact Name: Apply Online