We are currently looking for a Sr. Fleet Supervisor to be responsible for providing guidance and technical assistance to local and regional field offices throughout our Northeast territory (NY, CT, VT, MA, RI, NH and ME) and will be based out of the Albany, NY area. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of company vehicles to transport hazardous (propane and other fuels) in a safe and compliant manner.
- Oversee the company vehicle Preventive Maintenance program, mandatory Cargo Tank inspections, and all DOT Compliance Safety Accountability (CSA) basics
- Conduct audits of vehicle files and on-truck documentation to ensure compliance with Department of Transportation regulations and company policies and procedures
- Assist with the selection and utilization of outside maintenance vendors
- Work with a third party maintenance management service to manage vehicle service and repair records
- Assist with diagnosing vehicle operating problems
- Provide direction in obtaining repairs in order to return vehicles to service in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner
- Assist with identifying vehicles that meet replacement criteria and recommend new equipment that will provide the best level of productivity and safety
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
Must be able to be on-call for emergencies and travel up to 80%.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
View our Careers video!
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.