Regional Sales Manager Job
|Employer Name: Franklin Electric
|Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 5/8/2018
|Job Code: 412
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing sales strategies within the region to achieve profitability. Oversees territory sales through active management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and manages the assigned sales staff's selling capabilities within an assigned geographic region. Monitors and maintains sales goals.
• Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
• Contracts with independent representatives to achieve sales goals, as necessary.
• Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers to meet customer needs.
• Works with the marketing team to ensure that marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
• Maintains and grows existing customer accounts through an appropriate level of contact. Creates sales growth by securing business through strategic customer segments.
• Develops relationships with and completes sales with assigned regional and national customer bases. Converts non-customers into customers.
• Maintains contact with existing regional and national decision makers to ensure their specifications remain with Franklin Electric.
• Coordinates and attends regional tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
• Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
• Inputs contacts into the CRM software to track progress.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• Supervises supervisory and/or non-supervisory employee(s).
• Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
o Contracts with external sales persons to achieve sales goals as necessary and feasible.
Skills and Abilities
• Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
• Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Writes routine reports and correspondence.
• Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
• Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
• Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
• Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
• Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
• Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business, business management, marketing, engineering technology, or a related field (preferred).
• Seven to ten years of relevant experience in sales, product management, or a related field (required).
• Intermediate: Microsoft Office suite, CRM.
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
• Regularly required to sit and to talk or hear.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionallyrequired to stand or walk and to climb or balance.
o Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
o The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Apply at link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1067441&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000338891006&rb=JOBSPIDER#/
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 7
|Contact Name: Mohsin Shaikh