Territory Manager #397 Job
|Employer Name: Franklin Electric
|Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 4/17/2018
|Job Code: 397
• If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies.
• As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more.
• We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one.
• We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential.
• We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
• Responsible for managing growth of product sales and market share with accounts within the area known as Territories 8 & 12, comprised of VA, WVA, NC, SC.
• Develops, oversees and maintains direct distributor network servicing all customer channels, including major oil dealers, wholesale and retail petroleum marketers, independent c-store operators, installation and service providers, and specifying engineers.
• Reports on market opportunities and developments.
• Requires 50-75% travel within the Territory via company-provided car and air.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieves continual sales and profit growth to achieve corporate goals, objectives, and action plans by meeting or exceeding assigned quotas. Monitors and maintains sales goals and keeps expenses within budget.
• Develops, trains and assists distributor representatives to achieve sales goals.
• Seeks new customer opportunities and maintains current customer relationships. Establishes new relationships to earn customers' equipment specifications, while maintaining those specifications for existing customers.
• Provides customer service in support of sales via professional written and telephone correspondence, routine on-premise sales calls to customers' office and field locations, product sales training, product application assistance, dispute resolution, and ongoing product education via highly technical, effective sales presentations.
• Coordinates, attends, presents and exhibits at tradeshows, state and regional regulatory conferences, customer open houses, distributor sales meetings, live and recorded webinars, and engineering seminars.
• Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
• Researches and reports competitive threats and recommends responses.
• Provides input to assist product development teams in growing sales and profitability while addressing customers' needs and opportunities.
• Provides short- and long-term product forecasts to meet sales objectives.
• Works with marketing team to ensure materials such as online and print media, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meet customer needs.
• Promotes maximum participation in the FFS PRO collection of offerings from all customer channels.
• Participates in warranty approval process with goal of improving warranty rates while maintaining fair evaluation of products submitted for consideration.
• Works closely with distributor branches on the management of sales, purchasing, service, and warranties.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
• Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the public, and other employees of the organization.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
• Reads and understands documents such as contracts, construction drawings, equipment schedules, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Writes routine reports and correspondence.
• Maintains relevant electronic files and messages to track progress, including written reports regarding all customer activities, and competitor information.
• Utilizes common-sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
• Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
• Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
• Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
• Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business, business management, engineering technology, construction management, or a related field (required).
• Five to seven years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, product management, or a related field (preferred).
• PC-literate computer skills to intermediate aptitude level: Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat.
Certificates and Licenses
• Valid driver's license.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
• Regularly required to sit and to talk or hear.
• Safely operate company-provided vehicle.
• Frequently required to travel long distances via car and airplane; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to stand or walk, climb or balance.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
LINK TO APPLY:
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Education Required: Bachelors
|Contact Name: Mohsin Shaikh