Market Development Manager - Municipal & Building Construction #332 Job
|Employer Name: Franklin Electric
|Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
||Date Posted: 4/11/2018
|Job Code: 332
• If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies.
• As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more.
• We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one.
• We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential.
• We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
• Responsible for managing the penetration of our products into the designated market segments.
• This requires in-depth understanding of these market segments, including business model, market trends, technology drivers, market size, key competitors, etc.
• Develops and maintains network of relationships with key decision makers and identifies market opportunities and developments.
• Responsible for analyzing market opportunities and developing and implementing sales and product strategies within assigned market segment to achieve profitability and revenue growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identifies opportunities to achieve corporate sales goals, objectives, and action plans. Seeks new customer opportunities and supports current customer relationships. Effectively communicates and presents Franklin's Leadership Position, Value and Product Portfolio.
• Develops Market Segmentation matrix illustrating wants & needs of this segment, competitive positioning, market drivers, technology trends, market size, sub-segments.
• Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
• Responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of both clean and wastewater in the designated market segment and how Franklin Electric can enter and serve this industry. This includes leveraging existing Franklin products as well as identifying unmet needs in the industry that can be met by future Franklin products.
• Supports development of 3yr Strategic Planning process.
• Develop business cases for identified new product development ideas working with sales team and product management team.
• Responsible for identifying opportunities in adjacent markets where Franklin Electric does not have a current presence, but can leverage its products and other resources to achieve a competitive advantage.
• Develops relationships within designated market segments with current customers, non-customers, and other decision makers to ensure their specifications remain with Franklin Electric. Work with sales teams to assure proper sales channel for coverage of market and defined customers.
• Develops value proposition for each Market Segment that support Franklin's Leadership position and value promise.
• Develops tools to capture Market Insights and promote opportunities to the organization.
• Attends market specific tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars and reports on key trends, customers, competitors, market drivers and technologies. Influences messages for key Franklin Electric show strategies for targeted Market Segments.
• Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts as required.
• Works with Product Management teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability.
• Works with the marketing team to ensure that marketing tools such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
• Provides customer service as necessary through open houses, product application and sizing, and informing customers of product changes.
• Researches and reports competitive threats and provides recommendations on how to respond.
• Provides input to assist in steering product development to the marketplace and toward customers' needs and opportunities.
• Inputs relevant information into the CRM software to track contacts, progress, including written reports concerning Market Segments, dealer, distributor, end user, and competitor information.
• Monitors and maintains Market Segmentation market size, market trends and technology drivers.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong business and analytical skills to formulate strategic options including pursuing opportunities, identifying key partners, and potential acquisition candidates.
• Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
• Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
• Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
• Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
• Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
• Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (computer, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business, business management, engineering, engineering technology, or a related field (required).
• Five to seven years of relevant experience in business analysis, sales, marketing, product management, or a related field (required).
• Five to seven years of in-depth industry experience.
• Intermediate: Microsoft Office suite, CRM.
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
• Regularly required to sit and to talk or hear.
• Frequently required to travel long distances via car and airplane; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionallyrequired to stand or walk, climb or balance, and to drive company vehicles, such as an RV.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
LINK TO APPLY:
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Education Required: Bachelors
|Contact Name: Mohsin Shaikh