Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
This position is responsible for providing financial leadership to the manufacturing plant by cultivating a strong internal control environment, demonstrating superior financial acumen and effectively planning and prioritizing work to achieve commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (50%) Develop and maintain an efficient and effective control environment , including:
- Compliance with U.S. GAAP, company policies and procedures and statutory requirements, with emphasis on manufacturing and inventory accounting, especially product costing, variance analysis and inventory controls
- Accuracy of all trial balance accounts
- Timely, comprehensive and complete reconciliation of all account balances each month
- Maintain SOX controls to adequately safeguard company assets and identify potential risks in a timely manner
- Establish an environment of no surprises by demonstrating a comprehensive mastery of the results and ability to appropriately anticipate future trends and implications
- (20%) Drive business goals such as cost controls, working capital management, and return on capital to ensure that they are adequately measured, managed, communicated and achieved.
- Be a business partner and financial advisor to the Plant Manager.
- Provide management with effective daily, weekly and monthly reporting, analysis and business insights to understand performance vs. goals and drive results. Keep the score and communicate in all directions.
- Track & monitor the cost improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of manufacturing operations; be visible on shop floor and available and accessible to plant operations team.
- Support organization with financial leadership, counsel and support on various projects as necessary.
- (20%) Oversee financial planning and analysis and monthly close activities
- Coordinate & prepare annual operating plan and monthly estimates.
- Facilitate attainment of operating plan through analysis, monitoring and control of manufacturing activities and spending.
- Oversee monthly accounting close to include analysis and understanding of operating and financial results versus expected performance.
- (10%) Develop talent
- Develop and coach direct reports in order to maximize the talents of each individual.
- Mentor and teacher of finance to the non-financial members of the plant team so the whole business team understands the cost drivers of their operations.
Education and Experience Profile
A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required. MBA preferred. CPA preferred.
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in an operations environment, with a strong emphasis on cost accounting. SAP system experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Financial Acumen - Ability to interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Action Oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness - Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Instills Trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Decision Quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meeting commitments
- Plans and Aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Communicates Effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drives Engagement - Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Manages Complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.