Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide, a WPP Health & Wellness company, is committed to creativity and effectiveness in healthcare communications, everywhere. Our global headquarters are in Parsippany, NJ, with additional hubs in New York, London, Paris and Singapore. We maintain multiple additional offices in markets critical to our clients' global aspirations. Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide provides marketing services including behavioral insights, content strategy and management, digital, interactive and new media services, marketing analytics and research, media planning and buying, medical education, payer marketing and market access, professional advertising and promotion, public affairs and relations, relationship marketing, sales training development, scientific communications, social media and social listening, and wellness and consumer advertising and promotion. The organization houses and maintains individual Ogilvy CommonHealth and Ogilvy Healthworld brand identities within the marketplace.
Ogilvy CommonHealth is seeking a Medical Editor in NYC.
The primary responsibilities for this role include editing, formatting, fact-checking, and proofreading scientific content in multiple therapeutic areas. For this position, the ideal background includes 3-5 years editorial experience, 3 of which have been in promotional medical communications, such as editing content for advisory boards, proficiency in MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and a reference management software, such as EndNote. Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. A CMPP certification is also a plus. Candidate should have editorial experience at a promotional med ed agency, CME agency, or pharma advertising agency.
- Excellent language/editing/communication/interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable of automated tool for publishing and managing bibliographies
- Must successfully complete editing skills test
- Strong familiarity with AMA style guidelines, but able to follow client style if different from AMA
- Eager to be a team player
- Able to jump in and take editorial ownership of brands with minimal guidance
- Deadline-oriented with attention to detail
- Willing to accommodate working late nights as dictated by workload
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with both print and digital editing
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.