Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide, a WPP Health & Wellness company, is committed to creativity and effectiveness in healthcare communications, everywhere. Our global headquarters are in Parsippany, NJ, with additional hubs in New York, London, Paris and Singapore. We maintain multiple additional offices in markets critical to our clients' global aspirations. Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide provides marketing services including behavioral insights, content strategy and management, digital, interactive and new media services, marketing analytics and research, media planning and buying, medical education, payer marketing and market access, professional advertising and promotion, public affairs and relations, relationship marketing, sales training development, scientific communications, social media and social listening, and wellness and consumer advertising and promotion. The organization houses and maintains individual Ogilvy CommonHealth and Ogilvy Healthworld brand identities within the marketplace.
ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR - NY
· The Account Supervisor ensures that the services required by the accounts s/he supervises are properly performed. Responsible for the internal administration of accounts - making certain that the Account Executive and/or Assistants perform effectively in the mechanics of their assignments:
· Preparing informative and accurate conference reports and/or other memoranda, communicating in detail their progress with clients, and that such communications are distributed promptly to all client and agency personnel concerned.
· Seeing that orders and work instructions to Traffic, Creative, Media, Project Management, etc. are sufficiently detailed and clear.
· Keeping basic marketing fact books up-to-date.
· Assists and fully supports the Account Executive, being sensitive as to when active participation is required as opposed to counsel.
· Maintains a current and intensive knowledge of client's business in order to direct and contribute to their marketing and advertising plans. Uses such knowledge to anticipate the need for strategic changes.
· Guides, advises, and assists the Account Executives in developing and presenting new proposals to their accounts and in carrying out the proposals agreed upon by clients.
· Reviews and needs to be in agreement with the creative work for the accounts s/he supervises. Obtains management supervisor's approval of same before submission to client. Acts as "strategizer" with the creative staff with the agreement of Management Supervisor. Responsible for showing major creative submissions to the President and CEO prior to client presentation.
· Attends conferences with Account Executive as often as the Management Supervisor deems desirable. Sees to it that Account Executives invite other key agency people to visit clients if and when dictated by business sense.
· Creates opportunities for informal meetings with key client sales and advertising people to keep abreast of their thinking, to uncover areas of possible difficulty, and to cultivate closer rapport.
· Keeps Management Supervisor appropriately involved and informed on all major aspects of accounts and reports to him/her and agency management periodically on the progress of business.
· Is concerned with the profitability of his/her business to the agency - is cost-conscious of account handling expenses and alert to opportunities for growth in other product assignments.
· Reviews and approves, subject to Management Supervisor's review, all client invoices and agency E.A.R.'s.
· Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of any written document, including conference reports and marketing plans, before submission to the client.
· Knows budgets, commitments, etc. at all times and furnishes monthly update to the Finance Committee through Vice President, Corporate Affairs.
· The Account Supervisor assists Management or Group Management Supervisor in selecting new account management personnel and with the indoctrination and training of new account management personnel.
· Reviews the job description and performance evaluation with each Account Executive at least once a year and makes sure changes dictated by experience and/or new objectives are made and reported to Management Supervisor.
· Works, as requested, on new business activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years advertising agency experience in account management
- DTC and digital experience preferred
- 4 year College Degree
- Sound financial and project management skills
We are an equal Opportunity Employer
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment.