Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide (ochww.com)-the health behavior change specialists of Ogilvy & Mather ( ogilvy.com )-committed to creativity & effectiveness in healthcare communications, everywhere. Our global headquarters are in Parsippany, NJ, with additional hubs in New York, London, Paris & Singapore. We maintain additional offices in markets critical to our clients' global aspirations. We provide marketing services including behavioral insights, content strategy & mgmt, digital, interactive & new media services, marketing analytics & research, media planning & buying, medical education, payer marketing & market access, professional advertising & promotion, public affairs & relations, relationship marketing, sales training development, scientific communications, social media & listening, and wellness & consumer advertising & promotion. The organization houses & maintains individual Ogilvy CommonHealth & Ogilvy Healthworld brand identities & is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY, wpp.com ).
This position is responsible for financial analysis and financial reporting for all of the Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide (OCHWW) US entities. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, analysis and reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position reports to the Accounting Manger but also works directly with Accounts Payable, and Client Financial Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
We are seeking a results-oriented, highly motivated, experienced accounting professional to perform the following duties:
- Record general ledger transactions properly and reconcile to supporting information
- Fixed Asset accounting and deprecation record keeping
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Provide detailed monthly analysis on various general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly and annual filings in Cartesis
- Processing and approval of journal entries such as daily cash
- Contribute to an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Assist in development and implementation of new, more efficient procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Collaborates with the other finance department staff to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the OCHWW financial reporting and general ledger structure
BS in Accounting
Experience and Technical Skills
- 2+ years of experience
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, including Pivot tables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently.
Preferred but not Mandatory
- CPA candidate or public accounting experience
- Experience with J.D. Edwards or other large automated accounting system
- Experience with Fixed Asset Accounting
We are an equal opportunity employer.