Shipping Forklift Utility operator - Nights Job
|Employer Name: Food Services of America
|Location: Loveland, Colorado
||Date Posted: 2/6/2018
|Wage: 16.00 - 16.5 Hourly Wage
|Job Code: 101100657
Verifies quantity, quality, proper labeling, insulating, and ensuring that pallets of product are secured for shipment by properly wrapping the pallets with shrink wrap and/or with other methods of stabilizing product for shipment.
This position selects product from warehouse slots according to selection labels using the voice picking system.
Places the product on pallets in a prescribed pattern and delivers the product to the designated staging area or merges it on the proper pallet for loading.
This uses the same voice picking system as the short runner, arranges product on pallets by section and selects at a minimum of 135 cases per hour with an error rate below 0.50 errors per thousand pieces selected.
Responsible for opening up the empty trailers, cleaning them out and preparing them for loading. This often includes helping the Loaders by strapping in pallets and performing general cleaning duties.
Identifies and documents errors. Communicates errors to the Shorts Runner.
- Selects the fresh chicken and “Top Ice” pallets, opens and closes the dock doors and prepares the trailers for the loaders.
- Wraps pallets prior to loading.
- Corrects shorts caught by the dock organizer by going to the slots and picking up product that was not previously available for the order selector to pull.
- Restock bin locations.
- Inspect products for damage, shortages or overages.
- Stack products to proper high and tie.
- Scanning of products with RF scanners and WMS operating system.
- Properly tag products with correct pallet identification.
- Monitor stored items for stock level, correct bin locations, code dates and product quality.
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain equipment and report problems.
- Work in all temperature environments ranging from -5 to ambient temperatures throughout entire shift.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Minimum of two years' warehouse experience, preferred
- Must have 6 months' Forklift experience, one year preferred
- AS400 experience preferred using RF scanners and WMS operating system experience a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to solve math problems and make simple calculation
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and managers at all levels of the company
- Ability to write and communicate in English
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Ability to operate electric forklifts, electric and manual pallet jacks, RF scanners, battery chargers and related warehouse equipment.
- Constant use of both hands/arms while reaching/handling/grasping while handling food product,using phone, record data, computer entry, compiling information, etc..
- Constant standing/walking within office or warehouse areas, short or long distances, for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees to perform routine functions.
- Occasionally climb stairs (some locations) to and from work areas.
- Frequently lifting, 1- 75 lbs., occasionally 100lbs of product onto pallets.
- Constant use of visual, speech and hearing abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Able to handle a high volume/quantity workload at a fast pace to meet required deadlines.
- Organize/prioritize workload with accuracy and efficiently.
- Must be detail-oriented, have mathematical abilities and be accurate in mathematical calculations.
- Good interpersonal skills required. Contact with drivers/co-workers/supervisors and customers.
- Must possess both oral/written communication skills.
- Within warehouse setting for extended hours.
- Work stresses include heavy workload and dealing with deadlines under frequent interruption
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time and Occasionally under 20% of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
Years of Experience Required: 1
Web Site: http://www.Click2apply.net/jhq6ztvf82ygkdmy
|Contact Name: Apply Online