Global Human Resources Manager - Learning and Development #368 Job
|Employer Name: Franklin Electric (RPO)
|Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
||Date Posted: 1/16/2018
|Job Code: 368
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
General Description of Position:
Responsible for developing and administering effective human resource employee policies, programs, and practices for Franklin Electric with a focus on assigned client groups. Leads at least one major global program in a core human resources function such as HCMS, compensation, benefits, or Learning and Development. Responsible for ensuring assigned client groups are using sound and ethical employment practices at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
• Creates and executes effective global program roadmaps that provide benefit to Franklin Electric at a reasonable cost.
• Proposes, publishes, and administers personnel policies.
• Stays current on recent federal, state, and case law changes and monitors labor law updates and newsletters for changes that affect human resources.
• Provides work direction for HR colleagues as needed and serves a key leader in the global HR community
• Prepares, recommends, and maintains records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
• Manages employment relations, provides advice, and counsels on personnel issues.
• May manage the relationship with employee representative bodies such as a works councils, labor unions or other recognized representative body.
• Determines requirements for employee related records and directs the maintenance of those records by all departments.
• Administers local compensation programs and supporting documentation
• May directs the safety program and workers' compensation claims handling and tracking.
• Manages local benefits programs and administration
• Directs the performance management process locally
• Develops and manages an effective recruitment program including management of the sourcing, selection and orientation process
• Conducts needs assessments, develops training curriculum, and conducts training sessions on various human resource topics.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
* Supervises non-supervisory employee(s).
o Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Understands business requirements and develops workforce strategies to meet those requirements
• Understands relevant laws affecting human resources and payroll, including but not limited to safety, medical and military leave, payroll, HIPAA, etc.
• Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business and personal information.
• Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Writes routine reports and correspondence.
• Analyzes data using intermediate quantitative tools
• Provides accurate work on a consistent basis.
• Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
• Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of non-routine nature.
• Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
• Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
• Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
• Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related field (required).
• Five to seven years of relevant experience in human resources, benefits, or a related field (required).
Computer Skills :
• Intermediate: Microsoft Office suite, payroll systems, human resource systems.
Certificates and Licenses :
• SPHR or GPHR (preferred).
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
• Continually required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. o Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionallyrequired to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Apply at : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1067441&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000298939606&rb=JOBSPIDER#/
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Education Required: Bachelors
|Contact Name: Mohsin Shaikh