The YMCA is looking for enthusiastic leaders to help make a positive impact on our campers this summer! If you love working with kids, crafts, field trips and games, this is the job for you! You will get to know our youngest members through activities, lessons and teaching the core values of our YMCA. This is an excellent experience for Education and Recreation majors! Build your resume, impact lives and have fun!
Must be at least 18 years of age or possess a HS Diploma/GED
Minimum 2 year experience with children
Minimum NINE WEEK commitment required; TEN WEEKS preferred
Must be available to attend mandatory camp training weekend
- Direct supervision of campers in assigned age group, campers range in age 5-14
- Ensuring the safety and well being of All campers at All times
- Plan and lead camper activities
- Maintain positive relationships with campers, parents and staff
- Exemplify the YMCA's core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Free Individual YMCA membership with the completion of New Employee Orientation and submission of Child Abuse Clearance. Membership only valid with active employment
- Making a difference in someone's life everyday!