|Employer Name: Mission Support Center
|Location: Kansas City, Missouri
||Date Posted: 12/18/2017
|Wage: 15.06 - 17.89 Hourly Wage
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 100584601
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We're looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x300.
Reporting to the Career Impact Program Manager, the Career Navigator develops, coordinates, and implements individualized employment plans. These plans provide comprehensive, case management activities which include scheduling training, engaging with the Career Scouts to locate open positions, and collaborating with community partners in order to access outside resources.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly update Career Impact Program Manager on client issues and concerns.
- Conduct client intakes and attend planning as required
- Conduct individual and group sessions on assigned workshops and training topics.
- Maintains client information in the client data base and in the case file on a daily basis.
- Timely and accurate submission of documentation and billing information.
- Crosstrain to serve as back-up Career Coach, GoodWorks attendant and other mission related positions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client information at all times.
- Complete tasks in compliance with all company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Review medical, academic, assessments, resume and other pertinent information necessary to become familiar with a client's skills, abilities and interests.
- Interview the client, family, or referring partner (as needed) to gain additional knowledge.
- Develop a written individual employment plan inclusive of developing work skills and behaviors to support employment
- Coordinates assessment site visits with clients and Career Coaches
- All other duties as assigned by the Career Impact Program Manager
The Career Navigator will be a proven leader with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in rehabilitation, psychology, communication, education, adult education, human resources, or related field
- Strong background in developing and maintaining relationships between partner agencies such as Vocational Rehabilitation
- Working knowledge of internet search engines and resume writing
- Ability to teach skills to small groups in a classroom setting
- Microsoft Office and Windows proficiency, typing ability
- Must have and maintain reliable transportation, clean MVR, valid license and insurance to transport clients and/or drive for company-related business
- Basic understanding of legal requirements regarding employment (ADA, WOTC, etc.)
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Versatility and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Flexibility of work hours, schedule and willingness to cross train
- Effective management of processes and people; strong teamwork qualities
- Effective, appropriate and professional communication and demeanor
- Empower clients to attain employment skills and placement goals
- Ability to recognize potential problems within processes and recommend appropriate solutions
- A high degree of sensitivity towards all persons with or without different abilities/disadvantages
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 2
Education Required: Bachelors
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: 2 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance
Goodwill of Western MO and Eastern KS
Web Site: http://www.Click2apply.net/9vvx37cdnnvh6jhn
|Contact Name: Apply Online
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Goodwill of Western MO and Eastern KS
|Street: 1817 Campbell St
|City: Kansas City