Payroll Administrator Job
|Location: Sandy Springs, Georgia
||Date Posted: 12/7/2017
|Job Code: BBBH25679
Primary Purpose of Job
- Perform Payroll and Time and Labor related functions in accordance with company policy and federal and state regulations and guidelines. To be completed without error and within established scheduled deadlines within this premier automotive giant.
- Prepare and process Company and affiliate companies semi- monthly payroll, perform required manual calculations (for cases such as new hires, terminations, service awards, sick pay, transfers, pay increases, tax forms, direct deposit, address changes and disability).
- Review and verify all documents submitted to payroll for changes, revision and implementation.
- Verify and audit semi-monthly payroll output for errors and make corrections if necessary. Edit transactions, check for edit and processing messages, review all audit reports for the semi- monthly payroll for accuracy and consistency.
- Process Long Term disability and supplemental retirement payrolls on a monthly basis. Process surviving spouses supplement retirement payroll on a monthly basis.
- Review completed semi-monthly wage and tax report for any error messages in allocations of taxable wages and withholding tax calculations. Edit report for variances and make corrections to adjust current, quarter or year to date transactions if necessary.
- Process, verify and monitor payments made to part-time employees (audit regular earnings and overtime premium).
- Review and verify employee salary increases, terminations and new hires for accuracy, changes and effective dates. Check salary increases calculations for correctness. Calculate overtime-premium adjustment, terminations and new hires. Oversee Time and Labor process, ensure employees time is recorded accurately and approved weekly. Run audit reports to audit time and labor.
- Verify that documents submitted to payroll by Trainees
- (Interns) comply with federal and state regulations.
- Review Direct Deposit Authorization Form for new accounts, account changes or cancellations.
- Verify bank account number, transit routing number, set up new bank tables. Review Tax forms to ensure employees are taxed correctly. Process and input into the payroll system.
- Place stop payments to incorrect direct deposit transactions, lost or stolen checks and terminating employees. Make corrections to employees direct deposit entries upon notification of changes by the bank. Process off-cycle checks for replacement of lost or stolen checks. Occasional special projects and other miscellaneous duties assigned by the department payroll supervisor as required from the department.
- Review car lease deductions, audit HR input, clear all time and labor exceptions, audit paid time off and ove11ime, review time approvals, set up fitness deductions. Process garnishments and issue checks to vendors. Handle monthly reporting to accounting and HR.
Requirements & Conditions
- Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
- Travel domestically
- Work Holidays when required
- Work weekends when required
- Associate's Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Mathematics
Knowledge (necessary to perform proficiently in this position)
- Must have 2 years (total) of experience in the following: Accounting knowledge of internal controls, recording and reporting of financial transactions, including the origination of the transaction, its recognition, processing, and summarization in the financial statements
- Analysis & Problem Assessment Contributing to Team Success Follow Up
- Managing Work
- Applies Business Discipline - Demonstrates commitment to excellence by accepting accountability for safety, quality, cost and timely delivery of work product(s). Rational when faced with conflicting details/obstacles. Applies process thinking, identifies process improvements; takes initiative to make improvements happen
- Demonstrates Business Acumen - Understands how the business works, knows the customer and the competition. Acts with customers in mind; comes up with creative, innovative ideas. Copes with change, shifts gears, and handles risk and uncertainty. Works effectively across usual boundaries (levels, functions, cultures)
- Builds Effective Relationships - Values diversity and treats people with respect regardless of race, national origin, age, gender, disability or sexual preference. Acts as a team player; encourages collaboration; shares wins and successes; creates a feeling of belonging
- Pursues Learning & Growth - Learns "on the fly" when facing new challenges; experiments, open to change. Works to continuously improve self; understands that different situations call for different skills and approaches. Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; gains insight from mistakes
- Communicates Effectively - Builds trust by settling differences and winning concessions without damaging relationships. Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and feel good about being a member of the team. Listens attentively even when in disagreement; hears people out
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Accounting principles
- Good analytical Skills
- Knowledge of Federal and State Regulations
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures and organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal Computer Literacy (Excel, Word, PeopleSoft Payroll and Time and Labor) Ability to use office calculator
- Ability to work well with others and under pressure
- The fully trained individual must develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of: Company Policies & Procedures
- Company Mission, Goals & Vision
- Departmental practices/procedures and how they apply to customers
- Interdepartmental relationships and their effect on company, departmental and individual goals
- Software that is applicable to the job
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Cathy at 201-226-3529 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 6+ months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client's needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.