Accounting Now is now looking for a Float Billing Assistant
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, the Floating Billing Assistant will be responsible for proactively participating in all essential areas within the billing department. This person will fill all suitable positions of the department where there is a need.
* Post cash to billing software
* Enter charges
* End of day clean up to work rejected claims from clearing house
* Patient billing including: payment plans, printing/mailing bills, phone calls, unapplied transactions
* Scan and store files accordingly
* Investigate and resolve any discrepancies with cash
* Assist with the financial reconciling for daily cash postings
* Work denied claims and follow up with applicable insurance carriers* Perform other duties as assignedQualifications/Specifications
* Ability to shift work focus at a fast pace, must adapt to steady change.
* Ability to use computer applications and systems to review data posted to billing software.
* Must possess superior data entry speed and accuracy.
* Ability to meet deadlines and perform tasks within assigned time frames.
* Must understand CPT and ICD as well as payer policies and government regulations concerning services and billing as well as the requirements of patient privacy and confidentiality. * Must be able to work with associates, providers and patients with professionalism and courtesy.
One year medical billing experience
High school diploma or GED