A law firm in Springfield, MA is seeking a Trusts and Estates paralegal for its Amherstlocation. Full-time hours from 8:30 to 5:30, OT required at times for this non-exempt position. Must be MS Office proficient, must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Multi-tasking and teamwork are necessary. Enter time daily, to meet firm's annual minimum requirement.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Collecting data regarding client's assets such as bank accounts, investments and real estate holdings.
* Evaluating client's assets, financial situation and creditors' claims.
* Preparing inventories and accounts.
* Preparing probate forms.
* Helping collect and liquidate the decedent's assets.
* Preparing estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns.
* Assisting with drafting trusts, wills and related documents.
* Assembling documents for estate planning.
* Meeting with clients, including those whose relatives have passed away and individuals with disabilities and their relatives.
* Communicating with clients, probate courts, taxing authorities and financial institutions on frequent basis.
* Collaborating with attorneys on a daily basis.
* Providing general administrative support.
Qualifications and Skills
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 3 years' experience in supporting attorneys whose practice focuses on Trusts and Estates.
* Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges, requests, etc.
* Ability to deliver a high standard of client service in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Excellent salary and benefits, including parking.
Job Type: Full-time
* Paralegal: 3 years