7 on - 7 off (5pm-8am)
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Hospice On-Call Registered Nurse, you will:
- Provide skilled professional nursing care to patient/family/caregivers as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations by the State Board of Registered Nursing and company policies when called upon after hours.
- Prioritize calls, and instruct nurses to see patients as needed.
- Guide after hour's staff in assessing and treating physical, psychological, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- After clinical and social staffs report findings and interventions, determine appropriateness and if any further instruction is needed.
- Work closely with all members of the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure proper patient follow up on previous night after hour's calls.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives.
- Timely documentation of all after-hours calls and visits including problem and intervention.
- Provide leadership and support to the after-hours staff.
- Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner within the company's budget, and report to case managers any supplies that were ordered previous on call day.
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure
- Bachelor's degree and C.H.P.N. (Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse) certification preferred
- Minimum of one year general nursing preferred with current Hospice, home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience
- Experience with pain and symptom management interventions
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying
Keywords: ACLS, ANA, Acute care, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, BLS, BSN, cardio nurse, cardio RN, cardio registered nurse, cardiac nurse, cardiac RN, cardiac registered nurse, case management, case manager, critical care, ER, Emergency Room, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, ICU, intensive care unit, MSN, medical, medical care, med surg, med-surg, medicare, Nurse, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, oncology RN, oncology nurse, oncology registered nurse, palliative care nurse, ortho nurse, ortho RN, ortho registered nurse, palliative care RN, palliative care registered nurse, registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, Oasis, PRN, PDM, progressive care nurse, rehab RN, rehab registered nurse, rehab nurse, Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN, R.N., RN Case Manager, skilled visit, staff RN, staff nurse, staff registered nurse, step down unit, step-down unit, step down unit RN, tele, telemetry, telemetry nurse, telemetry RN, travel nurse, travel RN, travel registered nurse, visit nurse ~MON~
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 1.877.44.HOSPICE.