Do you have an interest in outdoor or adventure sports? The Kennett YMCA is looking for an enthusiastic and responsible individual to guide our participants at our Outdoor Adventure Park/Climbing Tower.
This is a Seasonal position that runs from April-November; weekend availability required, though flexible schedules available. Pay rate starts at $12 per hour. Training provided by the YMCA. Come join our team and get your climb on!!!
* At least 18 years of age
* Alpine Tower, Challenge Course, Rock Climbing experience preferred but training is also available
* Knowledge of Adventure program skills, techniques and terminology including belaying
* Proven experience working with groups
* Ability to relate to children, parents, off site personnel and fellow staff in a mature and sensitive way, consistent with the YMCA philosophy
* Ability to maintain a sense of humor and fun & have spirit and energy
*Lead, instruct and supervise groups of 8-12 participants, ages 10-adult in adventure activities
*Available to work weekends
*Uphold all rules, policies and philosophy of the YMCA
*Insure the safety & well being of all participants in the group
*Maintain positive relationships with all participants and lead with enthusiasm
*Fun, fast-paced, outdoor work environment
*Making a difference in someone's life everyday!
*Free individual membership with completion of New Employee Orientation. Membership only valid with active employment