This opening is with the Howmet Research Center, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com.
This position will work at the Howmet Research Center developing and driving implementation of improvements to injection molding of complex airfoil patterns used to produce investment cast turbine engine components.
- Technical lead for advancement of all injection molding technology within Arconic Power and Propulsion
- Coordinate customization of state-of-the-art injection molding machines and their implementation into production
- Develop and introduce tooling and equipment technologies that drive fully automated molding of non-traditional thermoplastic materials and product shapes
- Provide training to plant personnel on advanced injection molding equipment and techniques
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
* Experience successfully implementing new technology in a production environment
* Experience molding a wide variety of thermoplastic materials
* Experience utilizing molding simulation techniques
* Experience with auxiliary molding automation technology
* Experience in process development including use of designed experiments.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Must be organized and able to work in a team environment
Based on experience, this may be filled with a Job Band 30.