Founded in 1992, MTEQ is a woman-owned business that provides superior Technical Services and Rapid Prototyping support to Government and commercial customers. We have more than 25 years of specialized experience in system development, electronics fabrication, and full-scale tactical prototyping, and systems integration for a variety of defense and commercial applications. MTEQ maintains a high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, process improvement, goal attainment, and the recruitment and development of a superior workforce.
MTEQ is seeking a Systems Engineer with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Fort Belvoir, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Seeking exceptional systems engineer to manage the research, design, development and deployment of multi-function sensor product(s)/solution(s) in support of critical DoD programs. Qualified candidates shall:
* Have a working knowledge of optical and electro-mechanical systems and their application in an operational environment
* Be able to analyze system requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
* Consult with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware, and operational and performance requirements of the overall system
* Review designed software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Assist in the development and tracking of software metrics.
* Review and manage TDPs (Technical Data Packages) and conduct PCAs (Physical Configuration Audits)
* Support testing and test planning
* Identify creative/novel solutions to improve system and products
* Support hardware sustainment
* Play an active role in business development to include briefing customers on system capabilities. Contribute technical material to selected proposals and reports to substantiate and secure program funding. Act as technical lead on engineering tasks for pre-proposal, proposal, and existing program efforts.
* B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or applicable engineering or science discipline
* Five+ (5+) years' experience designing, developing and/or architecting engineering solutions
* Experience reviewing and conducting scientific and engineering studies
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Operational experience with gimbal based multi-function sensor systems
* DAU Level 2 or 3 certification (or equivalent) in Engineering
* Previous experience developing a Systems Engineering Plan (SEP)
* Experience developing/implementing test plans and documenting system architectures
Ability to obtain Security clearance preferred. Active Security Clearance a plus
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fort Belvoir, VA
SCHEDULE: Full time
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 2 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.