The Engineering & Science Services and Skills Augmentation (ESSSA) contract provides engineering, scientific and engineering technician support to NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Huntsville, AL. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To learn more about:
The ESSSA Group, visit
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.huntsville.org/
The Flight and Ground Systems Division within the Space Systems Department at MSFC desires a Senior Software Requirements Development Engineer with an established background in Software Requirements development for real time embedded avionics subsystems to include associated toolsets. The candidate will be proficient in Agile Development Processes as they apply to the development and certification of Software Documentation to include Software Requirements. This position requires a solid understanding of the software development, test, and verification engineering discipline as well as the CMMI 3 level processes involved.
The following activities will be required:
- Spearhead the creation, review, and development of senior engineer level Software Requirements products to support to the Systems Engineering and Integration Division within the Space Systems Department at MSFC. This includes:
- technical performance requirements
- functional flow decomposition and diagrams
- trade studies
- functional allocation
- interface requirement documents
- verification requirement planning
- software requirement specifications
- verification matrices, reliability and others
- Develop and maintain Software Requirements through extensive inter and intra team communications e.g. Configuration Management, Design, Test, and Software Review Boards.
- Perform analyses and trade studies to determine the proper distribution and definition of requirements to meet the competing demands of performance, cost, and schedule.
- Maintain proper documentation and records utilizing DOORS.
- Interact with Design, Test teams, and external vendors to develop and automate products and processes used to create them.
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with minimum of 12 years of experience, a Masters with at least 15 years of experience, or BS with at least 20 years of experience.
Required Skills for this position include:
- Expertise in the specification of avionics flight software and associated tools for a launch vehicle system.
- Ability to review and provide relevant feedback on avionics and software technical products.
- Broad understanding of Systems and Software Engineering processes such as Agile and Object Oriented Methodologies.
- Previous experience with UML representations of designs.
- Excellent communication, team interaction, and problem solving skills are critical.
- Ability to multi-task and to be proactive in between formal assignments, and ability to get a task completed with minimal direction.
- Experience with DOORS and customization of DOORS to project requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.