The Flight and Ground Systems Division within the Space Systems Department at MSFC desires a Senior DOORS Database Expert with an established background in importing all data from customer source documents, spreadsheets, and/or PDF files, metrics collection and reporting, and generating documents using IBM DOORS Rational Publishing Engine. The Expert will serve as an interface to the Doors database to ensure effective communication, coordination, and timely completion of project milestones.
The candidate will be proficient in Agile Development Processes as they apply to the development and certification of Software Documentation to include Software Requirements. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for the creation of linksets and linkset pairings, baseline control and baseline sets, metrics collection and reporting, change management using the IBM Rational DOORS Change Proposal System (CPS), and simple data query scripts using DOORS Extension Language (DXL).
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., a Masters with at least 2 years of experience, or a BS with at least 6 years of experience.
Qualifications and Duties:
- Proficient with DOORS and customization of DOORS to project requirements.
- Responsible for managing and controlling requirement baselines and changes.
- Develop and maintain Software Requirements through extensive inter and intra team communications e.g. Configuration Management, Design, Test, and Software Review Boards.
- Maintain proper documentation and records utilizing DOORS.
- Interact with Design, Test teams, and external vendors to develop and automate products and processes used to create them.
- Track software development changes and incorporating those into the existing system requirements as applicable.
- Support the test and design teams to maintain completeness of requirements and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring requirements are captured and managed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.