Civil CAD Drafter / Civil CAD Technician - Fresno, CA Job
|Employer Name: TJG Civil Engineers & Land Planners
|Location: Fresno, California
||Date Posted: 9/6/2017
Position: Civil CAD Drafter – Civil Engineering Land Development Drafting Experienced (AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, or Civil 3D Software Proficient)
Office Locations: Fresno, California 93711 and Folsom, California 95630
Term: Full Time Permanent Employment
Compensation: Highly competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses)
Top ranked, prestigious and numerous award-winning Civil Engineering Land Development firm actively seeks 2+ year experienced Civil CAD Drafter to join our thriving Folsom or Fresno, California office.
This Civil CAD Drafter will typically report to senior civil cad drafter, cad manager, or civil project manager and works independently, with occasional advice or guidance from their supervisor.
Both our Folsom and Fresno, CA office locations are in need of an experienced Civil CAD Drafter who is able to perform non-routine and complex civil land development drafting assignments that require the application of standardized drawing techniques.
CIVIL CAD DRAFTER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- An Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Computer Aided Drafting or Design (CAD)
- Must have a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years industry related civil engineering land development industry cad drafting experience or equivalent education training or experience.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience using AutoCAD, Land Desktop, or Civil 3D software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidates local to the Fresno, Folsom or Sacramento California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US citizenship or Green Card.
OVERALL CIVIL CAD DRAFTER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare complete sets of complex civil engineering land development drawings, which include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings.
- Civil engineering land development drawings include complex design features that require considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray.
- Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas to draw land contours or to compute dimensions, quantities of materials, etc.
- Work from sketches, models, and verbal information supplied by an engineer, architect, or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments.
- May occasionally resolve most of the problems encountered, although the supervisor or design originator may suggest methods of approach or provide advice on unusually difficult problems.
- From precedents, drafting standards and established practices, prepares all drawings from rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering data received from civil engineers, civil designers and/or senior civil drafters.
- Prepares civil land development plot plans for single-family residences for building and planning department submittals.
- Plot maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, retaining walls, tunnels, overhead power lines, and other structures.
- Prepare working drawings for residential, commercial and infrastructure civil engineering projects including Site Plans, Dimensional Plans, Grading Plans, Utility Plans, Plan and Profiles, Details and Exhibits.
- Reduce field notes and calculates true grades.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to meet business requirements
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Our 50 person privately held civil engineering office has been providing civil engineering land development, land planning, and land surveying services for private sector for commercial, office, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects, and to the public sector roads, public works, schools, parks and assessment districts for over 35 years. With our four operating offices in Northern California / Central Valley and our staff has been assembled from the best talent in the fields of engineering, land planning, land surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and business administration. We have completed thousands of projects and have become one of the most respected and progressive engineering firms in this area, growing deep roots in Fresno and the Sacramento Valley.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
REASONS TO JOIN OUR FIRM:
We are a well-established but continually growing company with lots of opportunity for professional advancement and growth. We were acknowledged by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento / Northern California.
Many of our staff have been working with us for over 15 years or more (We have great employee tenure). We are a very stable company with very few employee turn-over.
We are a family driven business.
We understand that our firms greatest asset are our employees and we treat them as such.
We provide our employees with a top tier compensation package (both salary and benefits package).
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential hiring / employment consideration; please email detailed resume and cover letter detailing your civil cad drafting background, skills, and experience to email@example.com . We will follow up with you promptly for a next step interview.
Civil Engineering Division Lead & Hiring Manager
Industry terms: land planner land planning land use planning land use planner civil engineering civil engineer licensed engineer professional engineer registered engineer PE P.E. EIT E.I.T. land development civil design civil designer subdivision residential single family multifamily commercial site development public works land planner land planning consultant consulting job jobs hire hiring employ employment career careers opportunity Sacramento folsom natomas California CA 559 916 530 209 LEED AP report reports plans budget schedule specifications estimate estimates construction documents code codes compliance Surveys Topographic Surveys American Land Title Association (ALTA Surveys) Right of Way Engineering Surveys Geodetic / Control Surveys global Positioning Systems (GPS) Engineering Construction Surveys Entitlement Studies Preliminary Sewer and Water Preliminary Grading and Drainage Traffic Studies Arboricultural reports Utilities Studies Bidding Bid Analysis Land Planning Master Planning and Land Use Maps Site Feasibility Reports Planning Consultation Preliminary Lotting Studies Vesting Tentative Maps Specific Plans General Development Plans Coordinate Application Package Applications and Submittals Mapping Final Subdivision Maps Final Parcel Maps Records of Surveys Lot Line Adjustments / Lot Mergers Assessment District Mapping Community Facilities District Mapping Estimates Sewer, Water and Drainage Calculations Specifcations Agency Submittals Construction Documents On-site Improvement Plans Off-site Improvement Plans Engineers Construction Cost Construction Services Construction Staking Construction Assistance SWPPP NPDES processing SWPPP Manual preparation SWPPP Compliance Inspection
TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners
Fresno, CA 93711
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Education Required: High School
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: 3 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time
Web Site: http://www.jobvertise.com/members/eglevi10
|Contact Name: James Cameron
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: TJG Civil Engineers & Land Planners