Assistant Land Planner with AutoCAD Skills (Folsom, CA) Job
|Employer Name: TJG Civil Engineers & Land Planners
|Location: Sacramento, California
||Date Posted: 8/28/2017
Opening: Assistant Land Planner (Entry Level Role - 2 to 4 years of experience)
Office Location: Folsom, California 95630
Term: Full Time Permanent Employment
Compensation: Highly competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses)
Top ranked, prestigious and numerous award-winning Civil Engineering Land Development and Land Planning firm actively seeks entry level Assistant Land Planner to join our thriving Folsom, California office (near Sacramento ).
Assistant Land Planner will report to and operate under the supervision of our Principal / Senior Land Planner.
Our Assistant Land Planner role is a fairly entry level position for an individual with some specialized training in (CAD) computer-aided drafting. Although preferred, no prior land planning experience is necessary. Assistant Land Planner duties will include research and analysis in relation to administration of land planning projects, as well as preparing sketches, layouts and drawings prepared by others. The drawings and information will be used in land planning projects by performing the following duties below.
ESSENTIAL ASSISTANT LAND PLANNER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research and analysis for land planning projects, including zoning information, development standards, fees, land uses, mailing lists for adjacent properties, and small or intricate details.
- Work requires use of most of the conventional computer techniques and a working knowledge of the terms and procedures of the occupation.
- Candidate may be required to make mathematical computations using standard formulas.
- Unfamiliar assignments include information on methods, procedures, sources of information and precedents to follow.
- Simple instructions for revisions to existing land planning documents may be assigned with a verbal explanation of the desired results.
- More complex revisions are produced from sketches or specifications, which clearly depict the desired product.
- Prepares mailing lists and maps from rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other land planning data received from land planners, civil engineers, and/or land surveyors.
- Prepares summary of zoning information, development standards, and surrounding land uses based on research performed on a specified land planning project.
- Assist in the preparation of land planning applications and submittal packages for residential, commercial, industrial, institutional and infrastructure land planning projects.
- Performs field visits to gather pictures of proposed project and surrounding properties.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to meet business requirements
ASSISTANT LAND PLANNER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor's degree in Land Use Planning or closely related field (Strongly preferred). Degree can be substituted by equivalent transferrable land planning industry work experience.
- Ideal candidates will have at least two (2) or more years of land planning related industry experience and a proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, or Civil 3D software.
- Past land use planning drafting or civil drafting experience is preferred
- Must have a valid driverís license
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidates local to the Folsom or Sacramento California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US citizenship or Green Card.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Our 50 person privately held civil engineering office has been providing civil engineering land development, land planning, and land surveying services for private sector for commercial, office, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects, and to the public sector roads, public works, schools, parks and assessment districts for over 35 years. With our four operating offices in Northern California / Central Valley and our staff has been assembled from the best talent in the fields of engineering, land planning, land surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and business administration. We have completed thousands of projects and have become one of the most respected and progressive engineering firms in this area, growing deep roots in Fresno and the Sacramento Valley.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
REASONS TO JOIN OUR FIRM:
We are a well-established but continually growing company with lots of opportunity for professional advancement and growth. We were acknowledged by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento / Northern California.
Many of our staff have been working with us for over 15 years or more (We have great employee tenure). We are a very stable company with very few employee turn-over.
We are a family driven business.
We understand that our firms greatest asset are our employees and we treat them as such.
We provide our employees with a top tier compensation package (both salary and benefits package).
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential hiring / employment consideration; please email detailed resume and cover letter detailing your land planning background, skills, and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will follow up with you promptly for a next step interview.
Civil Engineering Division Lead & Hiring Manager
Industry terms: land planner land planning land use planning land use planner civil engineering civil engineer licensed engineer professional engineer registered engineer PE P.E. EIT E.I.T. land development civil design civil designer subdivision residential single family multifamily commercial site development public works land planner land planning consultant consulting job jobs hire hiring employ employment career careers opportunity Sacramento folsom natomas California CA 559 916 530 209 LEED AP report reports plans budget schedule specifications estimate estimates construction documents code codes compliance Surveys Topographic Surveys American Land Title Association (ALTA Surveys) Right of Way Engineering Surveys Geodetic / Control Surveys global Positioning Systems (GPS) Engineering Construction Surveys Entitlement Studies Preliminary Sewer and Water Preliminary Grading and Drainage Traffic Studies Arboricultural reports Utilities Studies Bidding Bid Analysis Land Planning Master Planning and Land Use Maps Site Feasibility Reports Planning Consultation Preliminary Lotting Studies Vesting Tentative Maps Specific Plans General Development Plans Coordinate Application Package Applications and Submittals Mapping Final Subdivision Maps Final Parcel Maps Records of Surveys Lot Line Adjustments / Lot Mergers Assessment District Mapping Community Facilities District Mapping Estimates Sewer, Water and Drainage Calculations Specifcations Agency Submittals Construction Documents On-site Improvement Plans Off-site Improvement Plans Engineers Construction Cost Construction Services Construction Staking Construction Assistance SWPPP NPDES processing SWPPP Manual preparation SWPPP Compliance Inspection
TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Education Required: Bachelors
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: 3 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time
Web Site: http://www.jobvertise.com/members/eglevi10
|Contact Name: James Cameron
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: TJG Civil Engineers & Land Planners