At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Systems Specialist to drive the business by performing systems tests, implements modifications and enhancements, provides communications, and support to all users of the affected business system(s) and various related sub-systems. The incumbent is proficient in using the business systems of Group as directed. Maintain and build a thorough knowledge of business processes, business systems and data, relationships.
Perform systems tests, implements modifications and enhancements, provides communications, and support to all users of the affected business system(s) and various related sub-systems. The incumbent is proficient in using the business systems of Group as directed. Maintain and build a thorough knowledge of business processes, business systems and data, relationships.
• Monitor, report, and facilitate corrections of data quality issues
• Communicate status of various data processes to leadership teams
• Create monthly reporting on data quality and operational SLAs
• Experience in SQL and basic data warehouse concepts
• Assist in ad-hoc reports as well as in the development of Cognos dashboards
• Experience in testing methodology including automation and the creation of test cases
• Experience in an Agile work environment
Business Systems Development Expert
Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) of 1 or more functions within a functional system.
Deliver business systems on time, as promised.
Create reporting from production systems and data stores as directed.
Key Stakeholder Support
Support ALIC production planning through business systems delivery and development.
Support Business Development partnering activities.
Other key stakeholders include Group Division management and IT.
Work closely with stakeholders and IT to ensure the quality assurance testing and sign-off process for business systems prior to delivery and deployment.
Provide support to stakeholders for current business processes.
Support or contribute to functional systems and technology processes.
Support or contribute to the development process including design, implementation, testing, and support
Identification and development of relevant associate training content.
From time to time, may be required to deliver associate training content on business systems and processes.
Delivering monthly reporting to management created from database solutions supported
Problem report investigations
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- The incumbent must have a college degree or equivalent work experience, plus 2 years experience in a systems or insurance environment.
- These skills include familiarity with data bases, infrastructure and open systems applications, architecture, workflows, and processes. A technical degree or related certification is a plus.
- Dental knowledge is desirable.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communications skills are a must.