At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
The Ameritas Underwriting team is seeking an aggressive self-starter, with strong Excel skills, who can provide analytical and project-related support by quickly learning underwriting techniques, analyzing plan designs and preparing proposals to our potential clients throughout the United States. You would be responsible for risk evaluation, selection and maintenance of profitable groups; designing contract benefit plans, and coordinating the issuance of contract benefit plans that align with the Company’s objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn dental underwriting with tremendous growth potential to develop a long-term career.
• Underwrites new business prospects, sold new cases and renewals for fully insured dental and eye care groups
• Analyzes all in-force plan designs accounting for the geographic and demographic factors accurately
• Underwrites and maintains profitable insured contracts applying sound underwriting techniques and utilizing product flexibility to maximize financial and sales objectives.
• Complies and considers actuarial and case-specific statistics including Company policies and administrative practices, as well recognizing and complying with as state and federal statutes.
• Communicates and explains underwriting decisions to the Field partners
• Conducts education as needed to the Field partners and other Underwriting or Actuarial associates.
• Edits, updates and reviews the Underwriting e-Manual as directed by the Group Underwriting Management Team and to stay abreast of current and new compliance requirements.
• Meets or exceeds all service and accuracy metrics
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in business administration, mathematics, statistics, or similar preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven experience in providing internal and external customer service with commitment to meet deadlines
• Ability to make effective decisions based on solid understanding of all financial risk implications
• Strong sense of urgency to deadlines established by the department, new business RFP requirements, contract renewal dates and/or state laws.
• Loma I & II, Associate Customer Service (ACS) Program, Associate, Insurance Agency Administration (AIAA), FLMI Designation, CEBS, and Claims Education Program – Parts C1 & C2 certifications desired.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a team environment