Love Food? Love working with People?
Continental Mills is hiring a National Account Manager for So. Cal market!
Our company is a reflection of the people who represent it. CM has inspired, creative team players who bring our purpose, values, and mission to life. We attract top-notch professionals with a passion for food, agility, and excellent customer service and the desire to make a difference in people's lives through the power of food.
Purpose: We are passionate about food and we use our skills and talents to make amazing products for our consumers and bring value to our customers. We provide a collaborative and transparent work environment for our employees, and share our contagious passion as positive contributors in the communities where we operate.
Values: Above all else, we value people; our employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers. We focus on quality and believe our products should be verifiably better than anyone else's. We believe in continuous improvement, in doing the right things, and investing in our business and our brands.
This position is responsible for creating and implementing sales plans, marketing programs and new product launches at Costco Wholesale within a framework of the highest moral and ethical standards. This position is a key leadership role in the Club Division and includes working with our New Product Development team and Sales Operations team to drive long-term, profitable sales and profit growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Develop and implement an annual business plan; adjust and modify as needed
- Meet or exceed annual sales and profit budget
- Effective manage trade and cost expenses
- Provide monthly and quarterly summary of business results to Director and VP, Sales
- Maintains high visibility in the market place and develops strong customer relationships resulting in knowledge of developing trends and opportunities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated success & experience in building customer relationships
- Demonstrated success & experience in strategic selling to Costco
- Understanding of syndicated data including Nielsen data and Costco CRX data
- Knowledge of the market for packaged goods food sales.
- Strong working knowledge of customer merchandising, marketing management, philosophies, strategies & execution.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively set priorities, and consistently follow-up
- Team player with entrepreneurial, can-do spirit
- Highly developed verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively communicate CM goals and objectives throughout all levels of the customer
- Ability to build alignment & consensus ; Ability to build value-adding relationships
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to positively represent CM to customers and brokers; Broker management expertise
- Ability to travel throughout region approximately 50% of the time.
- Proactive, takes initiative, follows-through with commitments
- Intermediate Microsoft Suite capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Capacity to utilize and apply all CM Category Management tools (Customer insights, consumer & customer demographics, assortment decisions, channel leakage, etc...)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing.
- 10 years' experience with major accounts at headquarter level.
- 5 years' experience selling to Costco
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.